[Archive] Sneaky Git warmachine? (Boomerang BT)

Grimstonefire:

I just had an interesting thought…

What about a hobgoblin warmachine similar to the Goblin Hewer?

It would throw large curved blades that span around.  Perhaps that would just be the equivalent of a fancy bolt thrower?

Kera foehunter:

Wouldn’t curved blades fly back like a booomerang.What about flinging saw blades out of the bolt thower???

Grimstonefire:

I’ve actually made something like that, well I did about 40% of it anyway.  It would throw circular buzzsaw blades.

It was a bolt thrower to fit in with my army theme.  Maybe once I’ve finished other things I’ll have another go.

Boomerang blades could be funny actually.  If you overshoot they get you in the back! :idea

I’m sorely tempted to get a couple of Goblin Hewers for Bolt Throwers, shame they’re so expensive.

torn:

a boomerang style launcher would be cool. imagine being able to curve your shots around other enemy formations. i think you would need some kind of template to make it work though, shaped like a banana, aim your shot, place youe template where you aim at, then it follows the curve of the banana till it hits something.

it would be good using boltthrower rules because it would mean you could in theory get hits into the side on a front facing target (if you shooting was good enough)

Grimstonefire:

That would be pretty good actually,  heavy cavalry would have to watch out!

Like a BT, but not requiring LoS

Would it be easier to say that you guess the range, then if it misses you can make it move D6 inches in any direction?  Or something like that?  That way you could hit the unit in the back (if it was facing forwards).  Would be awesome for taking out Skaven Warlords sneaky around at the back!  You could actually aim for one unit, then if it misses hit another unit nearby in the side!

That would be perfect as a CD crewed special choice I think.   Its like a corrupt version of the Dwarf bolt thrower!

EDIT:

The simplest thing would be to keep it as a regular BT, but remove LoS.  Designing a new warmachine would be possible though.

Xander:

The buzz saw blade idea intrigues me. Perhaps I will draw a picture of that when I get a chance.

Hobgoblyn:

I don’t much like the idea of Hobgoblins having much in the way of unique war machines. Just because Goblins have something doesn’t mean Hobgoblins need to have an equivalent. Making unique and funny warmachines is something that Goblins do best. Hobgoblins get roguish tactics, poison, wind daemons, hobhounds, armor and bigger bows, so… leaving the advanced warmachines to the Goblins is probably best.

Now, if you want to give the Chaos Dwarfs a buzz-saw shooting warmachine then that is something different entirely because Chaos Dwarfs love to experiment with various new technologies and see what they can do with them.

minty:

I like the idea for a dawi zharr warmachine, but maybe not for hobbos, they don’t look that inventive

still, somethng that fires in an arc as 4 would be funny

Willmark:

I don't much like the idea of Hobgoblins having much in the way of unique war machines. Just because Goblins have something doesn't mean Hobgoblins need to have an equivalent. Making unique and funny warmachines is something that Goblins do best. Hobgoblins get roguish tactics, poison, wind daemons, hobhounds, armor and bigger bows, so... leaving the advanced warmachines to the Goblins is probably best.

Now, if you want to give the Chaos Dwarfs a buzz-saw shooting warmachine then that is something different entirely because Chaos Dwarfs love to experiment with various new technologies and see what they can do with them.

Hobgoblyn
x1 to all of it