[Archive] Sneaky Gits... Where are you?... Sneaky!

The Snowman:

I have just managed to get hold of some of my first Chaos Dwarf minis (that I haven’t had to convert). I have 10 sneaky gits and an earthshaker… What I am looking for are some pictures of painted sneaky gits and I cant find many examples on the site, plenty of conversions but not many original metal gits around (so sneaky I can’t find them).

If you have some painted, drop a pic in here and then head over to the showcase and put them there too so everyone can find em…

I want to see some colour schemes mainly, I want to do them a little darker than the GW art, someone out there must have some…

fondu77:

I only know two images of sneaky git.

The one of GW and one on Coolminiornot.

Quite sure you can find some with GOOGOUL power…

Anyway you right, hobgoblin originals are quite rare for GD, but i am quite sure you can fix the problem by using Night goblin color schemes (quite sure WhiteDWARF has made a full color scheme article on them.

Last point, I think that there is a MONGOL style on most hobgoblin, so ho seach for original mongol colour scheme (Maybe the sneaky are closer to some bedouin style however.)

Neil:

I don’t have any pictures, but I did mine with a dark blue jacket and dark red hats and cloth bands round there middle (cummerbunds?). Skin was just goblin green. I am not a top class painter but I was pretty pleased with the way they came out.

TwilightCo:

I have not painted mine yet either, however my avatar happens to be some very old Git art.  Its from the “Chaos Marauders” game.  And that’s so old Malal is mentioned! :smiley:

Bassman:

Google power! This is what I found! :idea

sneaky.jpg (image)

From a famous beautiful army of the past :s

Border Reiver:

Here are mine:

Beastybeastbeats:

awesome looking models guys.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Just helping Bassman…I hate links to pics! :smiley:

Couldn’t find painted mini’s, but I found this text report : http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/chaos-dwarves/40674-chaos-dwarf-tactica-pt-1-a.html

The Snowman:

Yeah thanks guys. Bassman and Tarrakk that is the kind of colour scheme I was thinking but I’m not so sure now… Border, yours look great but I am not sure how well the colours will sit in my army. Sneaky Gits … are they supposed to be skulking around like ninjas or look so crazy people laugh at them until they are stabbed unawares!!

snowblizz:

Yeah thanks guys. Bassman and Tarrakk that is the kind of colour scheme I was thinking but I'm not so sure now.... Border, yours look great but I am not sure how well the colours will sit in my army. Sneaky Gits ... are they supposed to be skulking around like ninjas or look so crazy people laugh at them until they are stabbed unawares!!

The Snowman
From what I recall almost all the Hobgoblins by GW have been fairly bright. Though they were painted during the red/technicolour era.

FWIW though by the time Sneaky Gits are on the battlefield I don't think it matters much of they go neutral or bright, its not like a unit 30 (or whatever it is supposed to be) is exactly sneaking around!

Revlid:

I was originally going to use Gnoblars as Sneaky Gitz… Unfortunately the theme of my Ogre changed, so now they’re Boglars.

squig1:

nemo has some in the conversions thread

Kera foehunter:

you have to look close they are a bit hard to see

what do you think

Border Reiver:

Very sneaky Kera, and an interesting colour scheme - white during a Canadian blizzard?

Kera foehunter:

i was going with the London fog see it high light the theeth and eyes

Willmark:

Snowman- do you have the White Dwarf presents: Chaos Dwarfs? Great resource if not get your hands on it.

The Snowman:

No haven’t got it yet… not sure how available it is in Oz either. Will keep and eye out for it though.