[Archive] Sneaky Gits... Which should they be?

Willmark:

That’s a good point. Had the lap around rule been retained I don’t think we’d be having this discussion right now.

Malificant:

even if we got night gobbos without fanatics they would be worth it. nets anyone?

Willmark:

even if we got night gobbos without fanatics they would be worth it. nets anyone?

Malificant
No. Nets are fine but I'm not using a Special slot (despite the lack of great Special Choices for our army) for gobbos with nets. Even if they had fanatics I'd be hard pressed to use them.

Khaosbeardling:

Well the fact that they can’t lap around anymore, unless they are exempt from that. Not really sure. I think they should be skirmishers.

Knight Of Awsome:

oops…darn trigger finger i meant to say skirmishers…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Personally, at 2 points a model for hobgoblins and +3points/model for most units to have additional hand weapons, at the moment, sneaky gits get poison for free. If we get scouts/skirmishers or both in one unit, then our list will have even less weaknesses. We need the list to be balanced. I like the idea of sneaky gits negating ranks. But, I would say only if they outnumber the enemy. Even that is pushing it.

Uzkul Werit:

I t wouldn’t unbalance things too much. Orcs in 6th Edition had everything but skirmishers but in 7th, they have Squig Hoppers. They haven’t impacted upon the army that much.

wallacer:

Chaos Dwarfs have no heavy Cav, chariots or flying units.

So, even if we did get Skirmishers or scouts the list would still to a large extent be an anvil list rather than a hammer list.

I think it would be interesting for Sneaky Gits to have poison.

So long as opponents were smart enough to keep Giants and other high toughness things away from them it shouldn’t be too unbalancing.

WarplockMonkey:

Who voted non-skirmisher?

Lemme givvem a slap :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

I haven’t voted yet because I don’t think that they should be kept as they are. I can understand the reasoning behind skirmishers though. Wallacer, BCs can be turned into heavy hitting cavalry and we have the great taurus, lammasu and shadow spells for flying…

Willmark:

I’m tending to side with Wallacer on this one.

Willmark:

Who voted non-skirmisher?

Lemme givvem a slap :P

WarplockMonkey
I know who did but will keep it confidential, lest they suffer bodily harm.