[Archive] Snow or no snow?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Help me decide the right finish of my WOC army! :slight_smile:

While I think the snow adds a nice finishing touch, there is obviously no going back after it has really been stuck onto the models (right now it’s just sprinkled over them to see what it would look like).

Grimstonefire:

I would definately add it. The basing you chose is quite plain without it, so it adds a lot of character.

Where is the champions shield from? Is that converted?

Personally I’d tone down the purple guts a bit, they really jump out atm.

Are you working to an army list? Assuming you’ll update it with the new book, do you have something planned with the current list?

Kera foehunter:

i think the snow take away from the army with the black base showing thew

unless it deep snow with white base

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Snow on the bases but not on their shoulders.

cornixt:

I like the light snow. So many people go for the deep-but-patchy look which is great on a single unit but looks so unrealistic on a whole army. Yours looks like they have just been caught in a small snow shower.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Hey thanks for the feedback! :cheers I really think snow and Chaos go well together. But it’s very rarely seen for some reason…

@Grim: the Champ’s shield is a combination of the nurgle icon from the 40k chaos vehicle sprue and a beastmen shield. Three years ago I wanted to go for a Mono-Nurgle army, but these warriors were all I ever built. Now they are going to be part of an undivided / undecided army. :wink:

clam:

You could be right about that. Comming from the North and all that - and I must agree that it looks cool :slight_smile: with the snow.

But as for a Nurgle-teamed army I would prefer to see you do toxic/acid bases. Think that heat from all that flesh and bone in decay - would melt the ice - don’t you? :slight_smile:

But anyway - great, great paintjobs and convertions - awesome stuff - once again :hat off

Kera foehunter:

ice hanging from the guys shield might be cool to

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i like the smow at that leval amy more and it’ll be overpowering:)

Arashi:

Add the snow, it looks much better.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I shall! :cheers The feedback from everyone has been overwhelmingly in favour of the snow effect. Sadly it does not look exactly the same once it’s glued on as the bright white colour fades a little… but I guess halfway through the army with more experience I’ll know how to do it. ^^

slev:

I shall! :cheers The feedback from everyone has been overwhelmingly in favour of the snow effect. Sadly it does not look exactly the same once it's glued on as the bright white colour fades a little... but I guess halfway through the army with more experience I'll know how to do it. ^^

Ishkur Cinderhat
PVA gule. One part water, two parts glue, plus a tiny touch of fairy liquid. This mix should stick the snow without affecting the colour. Just make sure you've given your figures their first coat of varnish before you snow them.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

What’s fairy liquid? Because I have run out of fairies to squish…

Here are some close-ups showing what the warriors look like now -

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

its washing-up liquid:)

Sojourn:

wow Ishkur, they look great, and I agree, it was wise to sprinkle some on the shoulders, etc. 'cause I mean, they probably march to wherever they’re going, so if it snows, they’re gonna get some on them. :slight_smile:

but I must insist on not squishing faeries, thanks :wink:

Baggronor:

Mega cool :slight_smile:

Snow will finish them off nicely. Maybe even have some grass poking through the snow? Could be melting as they travel south to raid :slight_smile:

GRNDL:

Snow definitely. It sets the “from the frozen chaos wastes” feel off. I think having it on them helps a lot to, but really only on the furry bits, or places where it would naturally gather on a moving figure.

Kera foehunter:

i think a little piles of snow having a black base it would melt more in some places more than other!! pluss walking would compack it too maybe some mud in the ranks farther back

Stubbs:

Wouw these guys are so nicely painted GD standard haha way to go ishkur but anyway I kinda ike the bases as they are now tbh they make the models stand out even more :smiley: