[Archive] So a friend had his armies stolen

Swissdictator:

A friend of mine had his armies stolen… DoC, WoC, and DE. Also clothes and "movies’'.

I’m considering hooking him up with my Skaven or finding good deals on DE as he loves them.

Any advice?

Alfract:

Does your friend have any photo’s on the his armies, where you can scope out warhammer forums of Switzerland or ebay and try and catch as he tries to re-sell the armies… find out with address and either report to the police or take them back.

Swissdictator:

I’m actually American…

but seeing as his “girlfriend” stole them we know who it is anyways probably.

Zanko:

Your friend had “strange” (girl)friends! :mad

So he needs now new DE?!

Are you searching a complete army or also sepearte units/models … and of what edition?

Perhaps I will get rid of some of my minis … so post your wishes!

:hashut

Bassman:

If I understand correctly his girlfriend stole him clothes, movies and … miniatures? :o

Times are really changing, normally girlfriends stole you “social life”, patiences, time and drinkin’ nights with friends :wink:

Are you sure he cannot get back his armies?

Stubbs:

What the … :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why uhm don’t you just go to the girlfriend and uhm like take it back? :stuck_out_tongue:

snowblizz:

I’m fairly certain there’s this invention called “the police” that solve problems like this.

nitroglysarine:

yeah get the police on it, and watch on ebay for them coming on.

i bet they get sold on there!

Baggronor:

He knows who stole them and isn’t doing anything about it? Are they dodgy types? As already mentioned, the police would be a good start.

If someone stole my armies and I found out who it was… well, suffice it to say it would probably end up being me who got arrested :slight_smile:

Thorne:

Leigion fo the damned I remember them well. Centurious and 50 origanal old school rtb001 space marrines they were awesome many old fashioned landraiders and 30 lead space marrine bikes … I feel his pain. Did you look at the Mantic games site for dark elf spearmen fillers and bolt throwers ?

Grimstonefire:

Would I be better not to ask why you said “movies”… :wink:

DoC, DE… Probably to encourage him to play tier 2 armies!

Swissdictator:

The police can’t really do anything.

(If) She did this just to be a jerk. She probably just threw them in the trash. He has caught her having thrown stuff in the trash (Warhammer stuff) before…

His DoC were very nicely painted.

As for the DE, at least it’s easy to make friendlier/fun lists.

Baggronor:

She did this just to be a jerk. She probably just threw them in the trash. He has caught her having thrown stuff in the trash (Warhammer stuff) before...
He caught her doing it before and then gave her the chance to do it again?
I certainly hope she is now an ex-girlfriend...

Swissdictator:

Keep in mind, this is speculation as to who… but we believe it to be the case…

As far as the law is concerned she is innocent…

The Brain:

“Never trust a woman, or a government” Yellowbeard the pirate. Oh no my wife is looking. :o

nitroglysarine:

alas i am of the same group of people,

I took my army to school once, it was about £400 worth of DOW figures, they were new back in 1998, now if i ebayed them i would probably have got over £1000 for them.

They were stolen from my locker, and yes it was locked, but the locked was forced.

never came to anything.

Kera foehunter:

Maybe if he was a better man !! he would of not pist her off !!

he lucky that he only lost his army ! there are other things that are more important than one army!!  he could of lost ! some girl are not nice like me

i say skaven !! a rat for a rat  he he

but i do feal bad that he lost his army !!

Bassman:

Ouch! This is naty! I always tought it’s ridicoluos when people destroy things, thrash them just because they are angry against their ex-lovers… IMO it’s something childish…

anyway, if he has no army it is time… to start a CHAOS DWARFS army!!! :smiley:

nitroglysarine:

Maybe if he was a better man !! he would of not pist her off !!
he lucky that he only lost his army ! there are other things that are more important than one army!!  he could of lost ! some girl are not nice like me

i say skaven !! a rat for a rat  he he
but i do feal bad that he lost his army !!

Kera foehunter
To be fair, we don't know what he was supposed to do, and if he actually did anything.
So that is a bit harsh.