[Archive] So, I went into a hobby store yesterday

zobo1942:

… to buy some paints, as a vast majority of mine have dried up. I haven’t actually painted any miniatures in a very long time, and I’m determined to start again. I like making terrain, but I have an order of miniatures on the way which will need to be painted.

Anyway, looking around this store and at the warhammer blisters they had on the wall, I noticed that they had some DoW hobgoblin wolfriders on the wall (2 blisters) and a Ghazak Khan blister as well. The DoW wolfriders were about $9CAN + tax (I THINK they were both standards, although I can’t really remember), and I believe Ghazak was $13? $15?CAN plus tax.

Now, after seeing the ‘gnobgoblin’ conversions going around (the ones by JMR, and Gammal) I’m not really interested in picking these up, as I think the ((Stormvermin bodies) + (Gnoblar Heads) + (Dark Elf Corsair Arms or Beastman Arms)) = Freaking awesome looking hobgoblin.

I’ll be going back up to this store in a couple of weeks, and thought I’d ask if anyone would like me to pick them up for them if they are still available. So, if you’re interested, please let me know.

Bolg:

Now, after seeing the 'gnobgoblin' conversions going around (the ones by JMR, and Gammal) I'm not really interested in picking these up, as I think the ((Stormvermin bodies) + (Gnoblar Heads) + (Dark Elf Corsair Arms or Beastman Arms)) = Freaking awesome looking hobgoblin.

zobo1942
Agreed, those are awesome (:

zobo1942:

‘Dibs’ have been called on Ghazak and a standard bearer…

Shef:

if theres a normal hob not the standerd i’d like one

Shef:

p.s. I’m a big fan of the mongol hobos. if anyone has reg hobo wolfriders for the DOW unit let me know i would like to expand my 5 to about 20

zobo1942:

I’ll keep my eyes open!