[Archive] So you want to be a Jedi

wallacer:

University offers course in training the Jedi way

These guys are serious…

“In the 2001 census 0.7 per cent of the population of England and Wales entered Jedi as their religion, more than described themselves as Buddhists, Sikhs or Jews.

Dr Allen Baird, course tutor, told Times Online: “I’m using Star Wars as a kind of teaching aid looking at psychological development techniques, social and political themes that are explored in the films.”

Jedi Knights must master flow and mindfulness, which Dr Baird says are researched techniques to enable students to be fully immersed in a task, and control their thoughts and behaviour. The course will also explore the nature of liberty in the face of a facist empire and the place of technology.”

Kera foehunter:

Well im holding out for a campus in Ohio!!!

Dean Kera

And you can go to the up State New York for seth training

See dean willmark

Hashut’s Blessing:

This course has been running for a while in some places :smiley: It tempts me, but I’ll already have a degree, so it seems expensive :stuck_out_tongue: Kera, why not come to England and learn for a bit :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

Yea like you guys could understand my english!!!

slev:

Well, it’s a good opportunity for you to learn real English :wink:

Canix:

I AM a Jedi, i dont need a piece of paper to prove it;)

cornixt:

Well, it's a good opportunity for you to learn real English ;)

slev
Yoda: "The way to the Dark side, mockery is. Hmmm?"

Sojourn:

bah, mere mortals. Jedi-ism (?) seems cool enough I guess. I’ll take my goddess powers any day though :stuck_out_tongue:

but like what HB said (sorta, I’m extrapolating) with what it costs to get a real education and then get employed, this seems like perhaps it is not the wisest expenditure.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Sojourn: you’re right, it’s NOT the wisest :stuck_out_tongue: But you wll be after megalol!

Kera, I’m sure we would :wink:

cornixt, recall saying that, I don’t. :wink:

Kera foehunter:

well i did learn good english !!! i learn it from my French born english teacher!!!

Btw im a jedi like my father before me

Willmark:

If you only knew of the power of the Dark Side!

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

nope never would

but i know some one who might :slight_smile:

cornixt:

I’m guessing that 90% of the people on that course will turn up in Star Wars clothes. Too much nerd breeding causes problems!

Willmark:

Nerds breed? Hard to tell with all the black trench coats…

Bassman:

"In the 2001 census 0.7 per cent of the population of England and Wales entered Jedi as their religion, more than described themselves as Buddhists, Sikhs or Jews.
Really?!?! :o Oh, mighty Hashut! People are crazy! I could understand Americans ;) but even English.... :rolleyes:

P.S. before crating a flame war, I am autorized to make jockes on americans because a great part of my family is American :rolleyes: so maximum respect to the Empir..... ooooops U.S.A. :D

Kera foehunter:

we don’t have flame wars here where one big Family !!!

willmark !! your power are week old man !and in time ,you will call me master!

Cryonicleech:

Wow, that’s scary.

and also, why does everyone but me have super powers?! I mean, jedi can use the force, some people read minds, all i do is watch tv.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i think its nice thats they all like medertating and yoga but call it something else not a name you got of a film :rolleyes:

zorn sabretooth:

i would never make it

who wants force push when you can have force choke or force lightning!!!

two_heads_talking:

bah, I will leave the jedi cr*p to muppets… no one ismore powerful with the force than a muppet.