[Archive] Some alternate Chaos Dwarves from Impact Miniatures

majortusk:

I am not sure if this is the correct section to post these guys.

I had painted some Black Rock Dwarves, and Centaurs for Impact Miniatures for their release at Gen Con. They are really for their game Elfball, a fantasy football game.

They are pretty dern cool and with a little conversion, could make some really nice Bull Centaurs. They are about the same size, cept the upper  torso is a little smaller. they have 3 different head/ torsos per body.

Impact! Miniatures

wallacer:

Pretty cool.

Wouldn’t take much to convert them to Fantasy figures.

Cryonicleech:

Great find, Major tusk, now my CD’s don’t need to look horrible!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Good find and an easier/cheaper way to make a CD BB force. However, you say the torsos are a little too small for the BCs, we could always swap them for an appropriate size :wink:

Swissdictator:

Yeah majortusk picked these up for me at Gen Con. I have several and they look great, even alongside my (Blood bowl converted) Bull Centaurs. I used some chaos bits and the big hats I used for my warrior conversions and they look great.

Also slightly cheaper then the blood bowl centaur and the extra torsos are a big help for other conversions too.

Kera foehunter:

wow those are cool!! i like the bull centaur

al-hashut:

They look nice. Especially liking the beards and the 1st blocker. Not fond of the second linesman…kinda looks like he has a walnut for a face

Thommy H:

Great find

Cryonicleech
Yes it was when I made it. ;)

Seriously: it would be helpful to have an obvious sticky somewhere that showed alternative Chaos Dwarf models so people don't get a thread every month about Reaper or Rackham Dwarfs again.

majortusk:

well, the mini you had listed was the preview green, I posted my painted ones along with some of the blockers. I posted more information about where it came from and where to get them. Didnt meant to step on toes.

they have many other team members in the link below

Impact! Miniatures

Gaixo:

Impact’s lines can be hit-or-miss, but I like their CDs a lot. I almost wish I’d bought them instead of the GW set for my BB squad. I must say I don’t really care for the new Centaurs, the mechanical bulls aren’t doing it for me. I wonder if it’s meant to be a cyborg, or just a mechanical mount that the CD sits inside of.

Are the Centaurs’ upper torsos really undersized? I find the GW Bull Centaurs a bit top-heavy, so maybe it’s just a matter of taste.

Thommy H:

I think the background of the Black Rock Dwarfs says that the Centaurs are slaves built from punished Dwarfs - they graft them with mechanical parts that make them able to perform heavy labour. It’s a pretty self-conscious inversion of the Chaos Dwarf background, I think. Same with them having access to “Imps”. I don’t think there’s much doubt what market they had in mind for these figures (and quite right too).

two_heads_talking:

well, the mini you had listed was the preview green, I posted my painted ones along with some of the blockers. I posted more information about where it came from and where to get them. Didnt meant to step on toes.

they have many other team members in the link below

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=brdwarf

majortusk
Perhaps, you could have just added this to the original post. it's no big deal either way..

Kera foehunter:

Yea!!! we have link police !!!Move on there nothing here to see!!! lol

its still a good post love the paint job

Ghrask Dragh:

Seriously: it would be helpful to have an obvious sticky somewhere that showed alternative Chaos Dwarf models so people don't get a thread every month about Reaper or Rackham Dwarfs again.

ThommyH
We did start one ages ago...

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/6076

but I think it's too hard to find, maybe it should have it's own sticky at the top of the Ideas and Advice section?

Swissdictator:

You can see some I converted to be more big-hat ish, etc.

https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/5824