[Archive] Some Days you just wonder WHY?

Geist:

I was unsure where to post this as it is not so much a rules question as it is a state of confusion.

Bale Taurus, I have begun to use one in my list and so far so ok. I like his stats I like how he works. Just one thing I do not get at all nor do I understand even in the smallest of ways.

“Fulled by fire” he is immune to all spells from the lore of fire, and if he is hit with any of those spells he regains d3 wounds.

Simple enough right? So why in the blood ell is not immune to attacks from units with the flaming banner, spells from other lores like light that have flaming aspects to them? How is it the machine made from fire can go oh ouch that flaming bow hurt me, but laugh off a barrage of fireballs? Anyone? Buller??

Roark:

Because Forgeworld? :wink:

Vantraxx the Thrice Cursed:

Yeah i’ve seen some strange things like fireglaives that arn’t flameing :wink:

Remember he’s not immune to the spells he is just unable to be wounded so the buffs still work. You are right though, it does feel very strange… It should have been a 2++ flameing or even 3++ so it isn’t that cheesy… fire does bend metal after all :wink:

Thommy H:

Because Forgeworld? ;)

Roark
Because the main GW studio actually - Fuelled by Fire was originally in the Great Taurus entry in Storm of Magic.

And it explains a bit more about the reasoning in its fluff there: Great Tauruses are sustained by the Wind of Aqshy, which blows especially strongly in the Dark Lands. Outside of that region, it takes a very powerful Fire Wizard to generate enough magic to keep one around. In fact, it's normally only possible during a storm of magic - hence its inclusion as a Bound Monster there.

In other words, it's not so much "Fuelled by Fire" as it is "Fuelled by the Lore of Fire". Forgeworld just left out the logic for the rule that explains the name.

Roark:

eating my words

False accusation! Sorry FW.

ThorAxe:

Not as bad as warpfire (tzeentch) not being flaming. Would be helpful to get rid of the regen that warpflame tends to give/improve

deadlydeceiver:

BTW: According to an e-mail answered by FW the BALE Taurus does not have the Fuelled by Fire-special rule (As it RAW only states “Great Taurus”)

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12774

DD

Thommy H:

Haha, that’s so stupid. A Bale Taurus is just a big, old Great Taurus - why would it suddenly lose an ability that, according to the Storm of Magic fluff, is fundamental to its very existence? Whatever; I’m with Roark on this now.

Yodrin:

Haha, that's so stupid. A Bale Taurus is just a big, old Great Taurus - why would it suddenly lose an ability that, according to the Storm of Magic fluff, is fundamental to its very existence? Whatever; I'm with Roark on this now.

Thommy H
Yea, that's just stupid!! Maybe he was drunk when he answered the mail;)