[Archive] Some Fluff

Tyrelli:

Well first post and its my take on those Chaos Dwarf Magic users …

Yes I know the speelings all over the place :slight_smile:

CHAOS DWARF SCORCERER :hat

Stage one (Hero / Chaos Dwarf Lord) :slight_smile:

The Life of a Sorcerer is one of damnation, Stage 1 of a Sorcerers life is the Acceptance of Hashut �?�.

The Acceptance of Hasut is a path that takes many many years; a potential candidate has to have shown great leadership and prowess on the battle field, great knowledge of the scriptures of Hashut, and great patience and learning �?�

If he can prove all these and he has been ballet on by the rulers of the CD�?Ts �?� he can advance to the next step �?� the Trial of Hasut !

Stage 2 (Sorcerer Apprentice) :mad

The Trial of Hashut is both Painful and dangerous �?� A orb of purest Obsidian in placed in the candidates hand … those performing the ritual call forth Hasut, they incantate and chant his name they cast the spells of binding to there great Lord and God and they Sacrifice many offerings to Hashut �?�

When this is done they are ready �?�. The Candidate holds the Orb and calls on Hashut to bless him �?� Slowly a spark of fire starts ontop of the Orb �?� Ancient Runes begin to carve themselves on the Orb and it Starts to emit a Purple glow �?� The Spark of Fire then engulfs the Chaos Dwarf �?� this is extremely painful �?� IF the the CD survives the Flames of Hashut then he has been accepted �?� however he is changed forever, for where the CD has been gripping the orb, his hand has now turned to stone, fusing with and forever gripping the Orb and Starting him down the path of a Sorcerer and the path of eternal life encased in stone !

(The Orb Hand now becomes the Tool of the Scorcerer, it is through this that he directs his power, sacrificing a Hand to Hashut for the Chance to wield terrible power, these are the Engineers of the CD�?Ts, learning the secrets of binding Deamonds to war engines and calling forth metal to bend and shape to there will)

(The Idea of how they Create things in my mind is like how the Chaos Space marines Create Buildings in the Game Dawn of War �?� that�?Ts sort of the idea I had in my head)

Stage 3 (The Sorcerer Lord) :hat

Slowly over decades, perhaps 100;s of years, depending on the �?owill�?� of the Dwarf, the Transformation to Stone continues �?� First his arms �?� then legs �?� however the Dwarf has learned much in the way of a Sorcerer and the Binding of Daemons to machines �?� it is now he is at his most powerful �?� on the battle field he is carried on a Chariot pulled by two Bull-Centaurs, or Carried on a Throne by many Slaves his legs and Body having turned to Stone many years ago !! although helpless in physical form he is immense in Sorcery !!! able to Smite he foes Down with Powerful Spells and bind Daemons to Machines of War simply by Speaking !!!

Stage 4 :mask

Eventually the CD succumbs to Stone and becomes a living Statue �?� still aware and of mind but unable to do any thing as there lips cannot speak the words of power that gives them command over Deamonds and the ability to smite there foes �?� at this point they are placed on the �?oGreat Road�?� and do then Spend eternity, forever trapped within a immortal Stone Body !

This is known as the Curse of Hashut, for all the Power they once had they are now Immortal, but only in Mind, never more can they Live and slowly over years the mind of the Stone Dwarf goes Mad, forever trapped.

However �?��?�.

Stage 5 (Lamassu) :hashut

For some though Hashut has need for them still. He Picks only the Most Devoted and Powerful for his �?oGift�?�

Within There Stone Prison A great Change is Taking Place, Hashut speaks to the Dwarf and Tells him the final secret of immortality, The Dwarfs body finally succumbs to to the Power of Chaos �?� a terrible power, an awesome power, however the Dwarf is changed in physical form forever, he Burst out of his Stone Form �?� weak at first �?� The Great Road is Patrolled By �?oHashuts Guard�?� they take this weak form to the great Temple �?� still Mutating and the Dwarf uttering the sacred words of Hashut, he continues to Grow in Size �?� Great Wings Sprout from his Back, where once were legs and hands �?� now are the body of a Bull and Claws �?� the Orb is now part of the CD�?Ts body �?� like a skin �?� runic glowing and terrible �?� or a Huge Club like formation Srouting from a Tail.

The CD�?Ts face is now huge and ugly, with a flowing Beard of Hair and spines, in some cases the beard is alive �?� with snake like protrusions �?� he now stands on all fours �?� and bellows to the assembled Scorcers �?� �?oI am Lamassu!�?� (Lamassu in old Dwarf Tongue meaning �?oAppearance of the God�?�) He then takes his place with the rest of the Lamassu, as one of the leaders of the great council, immortal, powerful, terrible, the final and perfect form of a Chaos Dwarf �?��?��?�.

*** note Lamassu is a Title, and I have them as a Daemon Prince (Sort of) they are not a beast to be ridden. Obviously few in number, but can be called to lead a Chaos Dwarf army.

Scion:

Quite good fluff, I like it. Very original, did you get inspiration from the Ood in Dr. Who? How are you planning to use it, are you going to be writing your own army book?

Tyrelli:

Quite good fluff, I like it. Very original, did you get inspiration from the Ood in Dr. Who? How are you planning to  use it, are you going to be writing your own army book?

Scion
No not gonna do my own book was just inspired so popped it down in print ... As for the insperation .. no not the ood more this chap ((Klingon judge from Star trek 6))

http://www.mutara.net/Christies/auction/Klingon%20Gavel.JPG

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/e/ea/Klingon_Judge.jpg/150px-Klingon_Judge.jpg

Grimstonefire:

I like this fluff a lot.

It reminds me a bit of the jedi, where Obi Wan spends his final years focused on learning the last secret of the force.

A Chaos Dwarf sorcerer spends his final years focused on learning the secret of the Lamassu, even when he is trapped in living stone his consciousness is still focused on it.

What would be a logical progression imo is if the lammasu is actually made from living stone and is a sorcerer in it’s own right… :idea

Tyrelli:

I like this fluff a lot.

It reminds me a bit of the jedi, where Obi Wan spends his final years focused on learning the last secret of the force.

A Chaos Dwarf sorcerer spends his final years focused on learning the secret of the Lamassu, even when he is trapped in living stone his consciousness is still focused on it.

What would be a logical progression imo is if the lammasu is actually made from living stone and is a sorcerer in it's own right... :idea

Grimstonefire
Thanks Grimstone ..

As for the Skin "the Orb is now part of the CD�?Ts body �?� like a skin " I sort of imagen it to be Stone like, with burning runes, a living stone skin, again reinforcin Hashut as the father of Fire and industry.