[Archive] Soviet Chaos Dwarfs

Skink:

Ok, Sparrow posted the link of this Polish forum in the Off topic section, I reckon that it belongs here in the Showcase part of the site!

Galeria - Border Princes

Now, in this particular page:

http://forum.wfb-pol.org/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=5359&start=260

There are images of a CD soviet themed army (which is stunningly painted and converted IMO). Has anybody already seen it before? If so, better pics?

Da Crusha:

haha, Im actually hosting 2 of those soviet pics. there was a thread about them not too long ago. they must be lurking at cdo and forwarding the pics to their site.

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8577

Skink:

Thanks Crusha! Love these guys, the paintjob is flawless

Da Crusha:

Isn’t it though! I wish there were some better pics available. maybe some will pop up some day.

Skink:

Actually I rememebr that I’ve seen this army showcased on a website but i reckon it was about 6-7 years ago!!! Can’t find it anymore.

Borador:

very cool looking guys!

Saw that they are also posting pictures of Bagronor’s work and a recent conversion by Nicodemus is also on there lol.

snowblizz:

Actually I rememebr that I've seen this army showcased on a website but i reckon it was about 6-7 years ago!!! Can't find it anymore.

Skink
That's Bowman's army and yes it should be featured somewhere here I think. Well those pics at least. We've discussed it before. Not too long ago in fact.

Baggronor:

Lol what the hell are they saying about my stuff :slight_smile:

That is one cool soviet army though.

snowblizz:

Lol what the hell are they saying about my stuff :)

That is one cool soviet army though.

Baggronor
Trust me you do not want to know...

...or maybe Google Translate isn't always spot on.

Da Crusha:

very cool looking guys!

Saw that they are also posting pictures of Bagronor's work and a recent conversion by Nicodemus is also on there lol.

Borador
I noticed that too and then I was like, whoa this guy is nicodemis too, Wait.... wait a minute.... that IS nicodemis. ;P

Baggronor:

Well, I didn't find anything overly disparaging. One or two comments about average painting (not my painting so whatever ;)) and the Pyromancer being too simple (which I like personally). Google couldn't decipher some words but it didn't look tooo bad. Or maybe I'm not reading the right parts...

i didn't know Nico speaks Polish :o

sparrow:

Ok, Sparrow posted the link of this Polish forum in the Off topic section, I reckon that it belongs here in the Showcase part of the site!

Skink
Sorry old chap, I had no idea where the best place to post it was so I played it safe.

Interesting site though... I reckon that barth chap might be our lurker. Time for him to say hi perhaps.:hat off

snowblizz:

Well, I didn't find anything overly disparaging.

Baggronor
Yeah, that was sort of a joke.

There was one line where according to Google Translate they wanted to... well see for yourself:
Finally something new on the blog Baggronor'a :mrgreen: I look forward to piss these models, and I probably ordered something from him because I really podbaj�..
I'm assuming that's a translation snafu because they seem to like your stuff, does anyone know Polish and can give them a better translation?

sparrow:

That bit made me chuckle.

Barth:

Interesting site though... I reckon that barth chap might be our lurker. Time for him to say hi perhaps.:hat off

sparrow
yes, that's me :hat off  Hi guys :shy:

don't trust google translator in 100% :)
Comments are very positivie, I love your works (that's why I put it on our site :rolleyes:, almost always with source of pictures on the bottom of my posts )
Lol what the hell are they saying about my stuff

Baggronor
They say, you are great sculptor and we wait for updates on your site to buy something ;P

cheers

snowblizz:

don't trust google translator in 100% :)

Barth
Yeah, I know (though as translators go, it is fairly good). But I am curious what was said for Google to make that translation. I tried running the Polish to English, Swedish and Finnish to see if the translation would differ, but it didn't.

I could see you were all liking the models but by the translation Poles have a very odd way of showing appreciation. :hat off

Baggronor:

I look forward to piss these models, and I probably ordered something from him because I really podbaj�..
Lmao yeah, I was getting similar results from online translators.
Comments are very positivie, I love your works (that's why I put it on our site , almost always with source of pictures on the bottom of my posts )
Cheers :cheers The 3 new figures are actually available already, but I'm waiting until the new shopping cart software is installed to make a proper announcement on the site.

Welcome to the forum :)

Also, I noticed that there's a thread about Thommy's book on the Polish forum too, as well as the Indy stuff.

Skink:

By myself I was much impressed by the Lammasu they have posted there. Now that’s some serious sculpting! (without stealing the thinder of Bagg’s new releases which are always awesome:))