[Archive] Spain Games Day News

surfneil:

Hi!! I upload the GD photos from Spain!!

Bye!!

Grimstonefire:

That ogre with the pig is brilliant! The large scale daemonette is really amazing. I think thats Alan Carrusco (spelling?).

Nurgle guy on palanquin isn’t great IMO, but the jugger looks awesome, Can’t wait to get that, but I hope the daemon isn’t completely attached.

Thommy H:

Wow, new Dark Eldar.

dancehat:

I… see dark eldar! finally, something is actually happending. Now I just gotta hope for something short and bearded with a taste for special hats to perfectly happy.

-Dancehat

Ghrask Dragh:

Am I the only one who likes the nurgle palaquin? :slight_smile: the paint job isn’t the best but I think it could definetly look better, nurgle warriors don’t really look too different but thats not a bad thing, plastic would be greart for conversions so some good has come out of it.

I’m lovin’ the Blood Bowl tackle!

:cheers

cornixt:

I thought those were the old fiend of Slaanesh models!

wallacer:

GW seem to have gone really retro with their Daemon models.

The Bloodletters won’t look out of place with my unit of old sinewy ones from the 1980s.

Nazhur:

this si great news. i just love the diffrent models but also: New Dark eldar. THats is awsome and brings some hope to us CD I think.

WarplockMonkey:

Well…im a big fan of most of the stuff up there, especially the juggers and the daemon defiler thingy…but i must say i HATE the fiends of slaanesh…they look AWFUL!

Plus i think with a little work those hounds of khorne would make fine salamanders!

GRNDL:

Also from the Spanish Games Day - a new Lizardman model, Oxayotl or something. Perhaps a chameleon skink. Off-hand the name doesn’t mean anything to me. I’ll have to scan the literature.

No comments on the Leonatos thing. Its a space marine and they have no relevance to me. :slight_smile:

This photo was taken from a thread on Dakka-Dakka:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/208009.page#247487

Ghrask Dragh:

Is that Leonatos from Bloodquest? thought that was a really good story, it would be good to get the whole squad!

Lizardman doesn’t mean much to me, wouldn’t be too sure about the sculpt even if it did, but I’ll reserve judgement untill I see it painted though - look what happened to the deamonettes!

WarplockMonkey:

Well…i dont like the look of that skink…

IS it just me or are GW almost working BACKWARDS? I meen look at the design of the daemons, they are just updated versions of the 5th edition or before

AGPO:

They’re more updates of 3rd-4th ed. The skink came in the same box as the classic prophet ofSotek, can’t remember the fluff but at the time he was the only Chameleon skink GW did - they were a seriously endangered species at that point. How many blood angels called Leonatus could there be? Really hope that means Bloodquest is coming back. never found out what happened in the end - I only got the first couple of storylines

Ghrask Dragh:

How many blood angels called Leonatus could there be? Really hope that means Bloodquest is coming back. never found out what happened in the end - I only got the first couple of storylines

AGPO

:) I just remembered it sounded a bit like the spartan king, Bloodangels all sound the same though don't they?, I remember the storyline though and it's well worth finishing if you can!
IS it just me or are GW almost working BACKWARDS?

Warplock
there is a difference between being influenced by and just straight up copying, I think GW are treading the line! there are some blatant copies but enough new stuff to make up for it IMO.