[Archive] [Sphere Wars] Taurus, anyone?

clam:

Thing Obsidian forgot to tell us - as this was on Chest of Colours yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont know much about Sphere Wars (another awesome Spanish company) - but they are about to release this:

Probably the best bull (bull like creature) ever done and certainly the best Iā€™ve ever seen

- and size seems right for a Taurus.

A lot more pictures is to be found here:

http://www.spherewars.com/foros/index.php?topic=2128.msg8658

furrie:

If the size is right, it will be a perfect great taurus

snowblizz:

Why do I think Iā€™ve seen the Bull in green somewhereā€¦ here?

G.2:

It certianly looks good. Except that rear leg/thigh looks wrongā€¦it looks very human-esque. I am a little creeped out by it. Maybe it was intentional.

nitroglysarine:

yeah thats pretty good. good find!

Thommy H:

It certianly looks good. Except that rear leg/thigh looks wrong....it looks very human-esque. I am a little creeped out by it. Maybe it was intentional.

G.2
I think it's supposed to be a lycanthrope or a mutant or something. It looks this close to being bipedal, so I think the weird anatomy is intentional. Either way, it's a pretty awesome model.

snowblizz:

I think it's supposed to be a lycanthrope or a mutant or something. It looks this close to being bipedal, so I think the weird anatomy is intentional. Either way, it's a pretty awesome model.

Thommy H
Yes, this seems to be the case. It does say "Bull Man" on the pic but with a bull as well as a man pictured it's not intuitive that it is in fact a "bull-man".

Looking on the homepage the model belongs to faction of lycanthropes, there's all kinds "animal-man" so I'd agree it is supposed to be a guy who can transform into a bull. Kinda appropriate for a Taurus that.

clam:

Fore legs have hands so rather sure its meant to be a human bull.

Canā€™t recall seeing greens here - but can give your awesome grey fro sphere wars blog

http://www.spherewars.com/blog/?p=280

And here is the hand very clear

Thommy H:

Even better for a quasi-Daemonic bull monster then!

Obsidian:

Awesome isnā€™t it! Iā€™m a bit occupied with other things lately so browsing/posting time is less at the moment.

But I have some more piccies;

G.2:

Ahhhhā€¦the secret colours are now shown. So if I get those exact same colours, my painted bull-man-taurus-lycanthrope creature will as good the shown above. I am set for painting star-dom.

nitroglysarine:

Bit of an odd thing, as far as I can see is it front left leg a hoof and its right arm a hand?

I really like the model, but the hand would have to go (as did mine of my current Great Taurus)

Thommy H:

Both forelimbs end in hands. The left one is just in a slightly odd position with the claws splayed so they look like hooves from a certain angle.

nitroglysarine:

It is an odd angle, not to hard a conversion then.

That shows it a bit better, not to hard to alter, they look almost there anyway.
Is it metal or resin, anyone know?

tjub:

Looks sweet! :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Da Crusha:

wow I love the model! definitely would get rid of the hands though. anybody find a price?

cornixt:

The hands lend it that ā€œcould have evolved from a Dwarfā€ look that matches the fluff. A slightly weird pose, but I like it other than that.

Blue in VT:

Ahhhh.....the secret colours are now shown. So if I get those exact same colours, my painted bull-man-taurus-lycanthrope creature will as good the shown above. I am set for painting star-dom.

G.2
HAHA...thats what i was thinking too...if only picking the right paints were the hard part...;P

The PJ on this figure is insane.....and the piece is kinda creepy...in other word PERFECT!

Cheers,

Blue

Zanko:

Awesome model! :hat off

Like it a lot but like Thommy already mentioned imo itā€™s more a Daemon and less a Great Taurus.

Does anyone know an english (non spanish) retailer / online shop? It would make a possible order much more easy! :wink:

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā :hashut

clam:

more a Daemon and less a Great Taurus - hmm! not much of a difference to me - but Iā€™m also the guy that used Azaroth as my Taurus.

Tor Gaming (those with the wonderful Britanan/corn dolls I suggested ā€˜snotlingā€™ using) did, but are phasing them out again. Other than that, I only know of CMON-store.