[Archive] spikedog's fall into the burning depths of Hashut

spikedog:

Hi all, well after much playing around I think I have nailed down my Chaos Dwarf painting scheme, it is pretty standard I think but it looks good (at least to me).

I want to say a big thank you to everyone who gave advice and help in my original scheme feedback thread, even if I didn’t pick the theme you liked hopefully you will still find something you like here in this thread eventually.

So for those of you that haven’t seen my other thread here is the scheme I went for in the end:

and here is the PIP of the first unit:

Coming up next I have some more Infernals and a couple of Hellsmiths, then maybe the new Bale Taurus when they release one with a rider. I paint quite slowly so hopefully by the time I am done with these FW will release some core troops for us.

vulcanologist:

Looking very very nice indeed!

Borador:

Looking good!

Bale taurus is available for pre-order now, just to let you know.

And by the way, don’t forget painting the beards and glaives, as you didn’t paint those on the test model! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Abecedar:

I prefer to think of it as rising from the depths of mediocrity and the gutters of filth rather than falling…

Definitely a good start, my biggest problem was and still is deciding on a colour scheme.

spikedog:

@ vulcanologist - Thanks for the comment, glad you like it. :slight_smile:

@ Borador - Yea I saw it on the Forge World website, I am going to wait until the version with the rider comes out but I am definitely going to pick one up.

@ Abecedar - Considering my other main army is Skaven you don’t know how right that statement actually is!

Well I am pulling my hair out trying to get this scheme down, I completed the test model, (Beard and Gun included Abecedar :P) and this is what I came up with:

This is my first try at an animated gif btw, let me know if you think it sucks and/or is distracting and would rather not have it.

Also stills:

BeeZharr:

Beautifully painted, they look fantastic. I like the animated GIF as well, great way of showing off the model.

Blue in VT:

I love your scales!!! they are quite similiar to ones I put on my Hunish Orcs…

Can you tell me what colors you used? Mine are based on some REALLY old PolyS paints that are no longer in production so I need to find replacements be fore I run out.

thanks…I look fwd to seeing how this progress.

Blue

Ghrask Dragh:

Really really great miniature man, looks one of the best i’ve seen…

:cheers

Skitter-Smash:

I must admit I love the weathering on the metal. Looks top notch and i love the beard color works perfect with the scheme. Truely is a model I should look up to. Keep up the great stuff!! :hat off

spikedog:

@ BeeZharr - Thank you very much, I have a better .gif to show today that isn’t as jerky.

@ Blue in VT - Indeed they are pretty similar aren’t they. Well I do mine like this:

* Chaos Black undercoat
* Mechrite Red All over
* Badab Black Wash
* Mechrite Red highlight on the scales
* Blood Red Highlight on the scales
* Blood Red + Kommando Khaki Highlight
* Kommando Khaki with just a touch of Blood Red on the very edges

The above are all current GW paints. Hope that helps!

@ Ghrask Dragh - That is very high praise indeed, thank you very much!

@ Skitter-Smash - Again high praise, thank you very much and I am very happy you like what you see.

Right well this week I have been slowly plodding along with the Chaos Dwarfs. The armour is now at the point where I can start weathering it so that is next on the list:

Oh and a better .gif of the test model as well:

Bolg:

Sweet animated gifs!!! (oh and very nice paint job!!)

Admiral:

Great paint job and good GIFs. The weathering puts it all together. Will all the Infernal Guards have red-trimmed shoulder pads? I hope so, beacause full-metal shoulder pads look a bit boring.

spikedog:

@ Bolg - Thank you, glad people like them. I think they really help to get a good feel for the model.

@ Admiral - Cheers, indeed they do have red shoulder pads, I even added some paint chips to the edges to help tie them in:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s298/spikedog_woof/Warhammer/Chaos%20Dwarfs/DSC03467L.jpg - Click for a larger image.

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

inkpwn:

very very sexy minis and i love the gifs

Skink:

The regiment is really coming out nicely! You surely have some numbers with your brushes mate.