[Archive] [split] New army?

Fallen246:

Has anyone heard of the rumour about a new army?

Or, any evidence that it might not be a lie?

Grimstonefire:

It very much depends which rumour you are basing that on.

Afaik it is 100% certain that there will not be another warhammer army added to the range any time soon (say at least 18 months)

Time of Madness:

New rule book and new army books. But no new armies to be released.

Tomb Kings and Ogres are next to be re-done.

Time of Madness

fauthsie:

New rule book and new army books. But no new armies to be released.

Tomb Kings and Ogres are next to be re-done.
Time of Madness

Time of Madness
Tomb Kings yes.... Ogres no... at least that's what I heard...

Time of Madness:

Ogres yes…although not until the rulebook. The order goes as so

- Rulebook

- Tomb Kings

- Ogres

Sprinkled in the middle are some new releases such as empire knights :slight_smile:

Time of Madness

Fallen246:

Ah cool.

Just heard over on The Herdstone that Warseer had some announcement with it? (Also, wasn’t sure whether or not to make a new topic… sorry :S)

Henroth:

Well, I have read rumours that they say that a new army might appear between August and October of the same year. :wink:

cornixt:

Given that GW have gone and completely ignored their own “No rules without models” regulation that they use to block CDs as a partial army (as in half of the units in the Beastmen army book), it doesn’t kick us out of the running.

Swissdictator:

Given that GW have gone and completely ignored their own "No rules without models" regulation that they use to block CDs as a partial army (as in half of the units in the Beastmen army book), it doesn't kick us out of the running.

cornixt
Hopefully you are right. If it's fish men, I'm putting on a Mitre and instituting my own inquisition...

Grimstonefire:

There’s no rules without some models, and no rules without any models…

In the extremely unlikely event that GW had some plastic regiments of CD already made, they would probably hold onto them a few years anyway, until they had enough for most of an army (with metal or FW models filling gaps).

Servius:

In all honesty… They could indeed have the models complete and ready to ship. Same goes for Eldar and the like… anyone that happens to have a large white dwarf expansion can look back a couple years to when 40k Apocalypse was coming out… In the pictures you will notice the Honored Imperium Set in there. Or the Bastion in the 40k rulebook, etc… GW tends to get models done or at the least ready to go into production before seriously writing rules…

Firehammer:

Every now and then, a thread on Warseer is begun with a post like this:

“I have heard from a trustworthy source that there will be a completely new Fantasy army. Discuss!”

Which always leads to weird speculative threads (“It’s Chaos Dwarfs!” “No, Cathay” “I want Araby” “It’s fishmen for sure!”) without any substance. Nothing has come from those threads so far.

Ronshank:

I think your forgetting when Ogre kingdoms came out of no where. You are right though. It’s best not to get too hopeful. When I first joined there was a thread on here that had me hoping i’d be playing new army Chaos Dwarfs by now… and then they took everything off the site