[Archive] [split] Rumour Speculation

Border Reiver:

So, GW Games Day Canada was last Saturday - was there anything in the Sneak Peaks to titilate the fanboys here?

Thommy H:

I'm just voicing my opinion.
So are we. For many of us, the wide-open sandbox that collecting Chaos Dwarfs provides is a factor in their appeal, that's all.

Willmark:

So, GW Games Day Canada was last Saturday - was there anything in the Sneak Peaks to titilate the fanboys here?

Border Reiver
Sadly no. Look for my observations on the gathering in issue #5 of the Word of Hashut.

Kera foehunter:

I'm just voicing my opinion.
So are we. For many of us, the wide-open sandbox that collecting Chaos Dwarfs provides is a factor in their appeal, that's all.

Thommy H
I for one don't play in sand boxes i have cats ~~~~
I will play my army :hat off

Baggronor:

Personally I really enjoy using the Dwarf rules and making crazy CD stuff to fit, but thats me. For me the whole point is converting them up, so I guess I’m coming from a different direction than many.

Ancre:

For me, I like all the little imagery I can find, I’ve bought an old white dwarf with chaos dwarfs ads in it and an article on them, and one of the things I would really like to find is the v5 armybook for them. I really like the v5 army pictures. But I know this will go down as warhammer now looks way more creepy and dark than it was before, and I don’t mind. I cannot have a v5 army, it is sad, but it’s okay.

I think I am just sad I couldn’t play in the v5 universe :slight_smile:

The other thing I really like is the earthshaker. Overall, I would like a new armybook that will put the chaos dwarfs in line with the current world, as this would just help me play them more easily. I will keep my converted army (hopefully they will be done by then :hat off ) and maybe add a regiment or two.

GRNDL:

Deffrolla/battlewagon sprue and the Forgeworld Ork Super Kannon were the only new things I saw. And clearly the art competition judges had a thing against CDs…

Border Reiver:

There are a number of words that come to mind, but several of them will get me suspended…

Grimstonefire:

You have a fair point Groznit.  If this new army is not chaos dwarfs there is nothing to suggest there would be a second new army in 8th.  If this is what happens I for one would have to do some serious thinking about my long term interest, I could just focus dwarfs.  

I’m not bothered at all about losing the mystique, the more of us here the better I think.  In my local group nobody is really that interested in even discussing them, so to be able to do this would be great fun for me at the very least.

If CD do become ‘mainstream’, there is always the fishmen…

@GRNDL

Damn.  I was going to do a bit of CD art :frowning:

GRNDL:

@Grimstone

Make sure you do it WELL ahead of time then, bro.

Maul:

Playing two armies that are largely lost to players memories DOW and CD, I would take any scrap of rules to continue to keep me moving along with my projects and to keep my armies relevant. I am not a fluff bunny and seeing, calculating combinations, and thinking about the interactions of units on the field is a big part of why I play. I do not have high hopes for this secret army book to be CD so I am not holding my breath. An army book, despite the direction it might take, is better then the perpetual purgatory with myriads of fan derived lists out there that we have now.

Kera foehunter:

Heck only people in tournament. Will be sticklers on what army you play ??
most places don’t think it a problem !!! Most people don’t care what army you play!!
btw who needs gw rules    who need gw !!

Ancre:

You have a fair point Groznit.  If this new army is not chaos dwarfs there is nothing to suggest there would be a second new army in 8th.  If this is what happens I for one would have to do some serious thinking about my long term interest, I could just focus dwarfs. 

Grimstonefire
If the new army turns out to be dogs of war, I think we can still have hope, and maybe more than now - gw making dogs of war means they're getting the armies they let fall into oblivion back on their shelves, and hopefully chaos dwarfs will receive similar treatment. That said, it's an if ...

Ancre x.x

grupax:

You have a fair point Groznit. If this new army is not chaos dwarfs there is nothing to suggest there would be a second new army in 8th. If this is what happens I for one would have to do some serious thinking about my long term interest, I could just focus dwarfs.

Grimstonefire
If the new army turns out to be dogs of war, I think we can still have hope, and maybe more than now - gw making dogs of war means they're getting the armies they let fall into oblivion back on their shelves, and hopefully chaos dwarfs will receive similar treatment. That said, it's an if ...

Ancre x.x

Ancre
maybe the new army will be fimir or zoats then :p

Kera foehunter:

No its sept 10- 09 cd will be here

Willmark:

You have inside information that the rest of us don’t?

cornixt:

Some people seem to think they do. This masterpiece of prose appeared on wikipedia yesterday (spellings left):

"During the making of the 8th rulebook and army book, there’s been debating about whenever or not the CHoas dwarf will return or even have an army book of their. Although it is confirmed that Forge World will make Choas Dwarf models."

I don’t think that even Warseer has announced anything even close to confirmation.

Bassman:

For me, I like all the little imagery I can find, I've bought an old white dwarf with chaos dwarfs ads in it and an article on them, and one of the things I would really like to find is the v5 armybook for them. I really like the v5 army pictures. But I know this will go down as warhammer now looks way more creepy and dark than it was before, and I don't mind. I cannot have a v5 army, it is sad, but it's okay.
I think I am just sad I couldn't play in the v5 universe :)

The other thing I really like is the earthshaker. Overall, I would like a new armybook that will put the chaos dwarfs in line with the current world, as this would just help me play them more easily. I will keep my converted army (hopefully they will be done by then :hat off ) and maybe add a regiment or two.

Ancre
Do feel sad Ancre, 5th edition Warhammer was the infamous Herohammer! 6th  (and 7th) are waaaaaay better. I remember in 5th edition the only tactic was to tool up your lord with the most viciuos item/weapon combination and let him grind enemy's army. :o
Now the game is way more tactic. :hat off

two_heads_talking:

Updating the list is one thing, but asking for fan input/playtesting hasn't happened in the 25+ years of Warhammer.  All that work will be done by GW, and after we get something, then we'll all whine about how neutered its been , and others will whine that its overpowered.

Border Reiver
really? so the fan input for the Dark Elves and Gavin Thorpe never happened? hmm, and he even posted up WIP stuff there tooo..

It's happened and just because you aren't aware of it doesn't change that either. You are correct however, about the whining on both counts.

Ancre:

For me, I like all the little imagery I can find, I've bought an old white dwarf with chaos dwarfs ads in it and an article on them, and one of the things I would really like to find is the v5 armybook for them. I really like the v5 army pictures. But I know this will go down as warhammer now looks way more creepy and dark than it was before, and I don't mind. I cannot have a v5 army, it is sad, but it's okay.
I think I am just sad I couldn't play in the v5 universe :)

Ancre
Do feel sad Ancre, 5th edition Warhammer was the infamous Herohammer! 6th  (and 7th) are waaaaaay better. I remember in 5th edition the only tactic was to tool up your lord with the most viciuos item/weapon combination and let him grind enemy's army. :o
Now the game is way more tactic. :hat off

Bassman
Haha yes, but you had a monster section and an allies section ... and I have read that limiting the magic items greatly helped to solve the herohmmer problem.

Overall I don't know, I have the lizardmen army books from 5th 6th and 7th edition and the most appealing to me is the 5th. I would really like to read 5th rules, magic rules, magic items rules and play a game or two.

But heh, first I should paint my lizardmen and begin my chaos dwarves ...