[Archive] [split] Rumour Speculation

Scion:

Wouldn’t it take some of the magic, the allure and that hardcore feel for CD’s if there was an army book. That edge that you have, the time devoted to writing rules and fluff blown away in the wind. Somehow it would change CD’s for me. I almost don’t want there to be an army book.

Baggronor:

I almost don't want there to be an army book.
Me neither. I just know they'd screw it up :)

Border Reiver:

Games Day this weekend - and you can cut the excitement with a butterknife.

Groznit Goregut:

Baggronor
I want an army book.

Kera foehunter:

Games Day this weekend - and you can cut the excitement with a butterknife.

Border Reiver
that not the only thing you can cut !!:hat off
well good luck with the crazy at the Game day B R

Swissdictator:

I want an army book. I’d rather have a book that’s not strong in the power creep, but is at least up to date, possibly offering a new unit or two, and cementing Chaos Dwarfs as official.

Granted, I’d love a well thought out flexible balanced book that can compete, but be lots of fun too.

The limbo of CD legality, etc does get tiresome at times. Yet we fight on, and now grow. That is something worth noting.

I’d even be happy with just a book, as long as we can at least convert the units out of the existing range. Though I would certainly snatch up any new figures!

Henroth:

Baggronor
I want an army book.

Groznit Goregut
I want an CD's army book too! :|

Grimstonefire:

Thought I’d try out the topic split button, this seemed like a good time.

I have often thought what it will be like for me when the new book comes out.  For the last 3.5 years or so I have been visualising the CD based on my own interpretation of their fluff/ timeline/ focus etc.  So to suddenly be told that this is the way you are supposed to imagine them will be hard for me, especially if it’s rubbish.  This is probably the same for many of us who have written our own books or background.

I can’t say I will be entirely happy about having to rethink my approach to them, but all things considered it will be a real challenge and one I am really looking forwards to.

New book means new models of course, which can always be converted if they’re lame.

Rules…  Not much I could do about those, guess that area I would have to accept unconditionally.

Thommy H:

I’m with Grim in that regard - my vision of Chaos Dwarfs (which is close to the 4th Edition vision, but still) is so ingrained, that I wonder how I’d deal with a total departure from it. Would I try to bring my whole army into line, sacrificing the stuff that already exists if it doesn’t fit? I don’t know. It’ll be a double-edged sword, I suppose.

turquois dwarf:

this is why I am being carefull with my army and making units they probably wouldnt get rid of. when I have a nice sized army I might go onto more interesting stuff.

Swissdictator:

To me it boils down to simply knowing I can keep playing the Dawi Zharr. They have become my favorite army, and I don’t mind playing them even though it may leave me with something of a disadvantage. I just love them that much. I just feel the need to have another army ‘just in case’. That is a little saddening. Plus there are people who might dock sports/comp because I am playing such an old army…, while I have yet to really meet them, I do know they exist.

I just don’t like the limbo we’re in. I just want to know what’s going on. I also would like to be able to field them without the occasional person saying I can’t play them.

this is why I am being carefull with my army and making units they probably wouldnt get rid of. when I have a nice sized army I might go onto more interesting stuff.

turquois dwarf
Thankfully that’s where I am at. The stuff that might be moved (Black Orcs) can at least be used in and Orcs and Goblins army. I don’t seem them dropping Hobgoblins, and even if they did I’d run them as normal Gobbos in a Greenskin army. That’s fine for me, as I every now and then it is fun to run the Greenskins.

Hazkar:

an actual army book and some official minis would be cool,but it would take a lot of “magic” out of cd´s

that would make cd´s an every man´s army,a lot of people would start one and they will all look very similar

…the two sides of the medal…

Kera foehunter:

A army book would be cool since we already have the figures

wallacer:

An army book would be a guarantee of continuation of the army, which is the main thing. Fluff and models can always be altered, although the rules thing is an inescapable fact of life.

Personally I could live with GW’s new vision for the army as the price for continued existence of CD. Better that than becoming the Squats of Fantasy.

Willmark:

Unfortunately I’m with wallacer, having an army is better then no army at all.

Border Reiver:

Give me the book - with that we can carry on with the army.

Scion:

Maybe an updated Ravening hordes list. And I think that they should ask the CD players. Get their lists playtest them, suggest changes and come up with some accepted army lists. More than one. That I could accept.

Border Reiver:

Updating the list is one thing, but asking for fan input/playtesting hasn’t happened in the 25+ years of Warhammer. All that work will be done by GW, and after we get something, then we’ll all whine about how neutered its been , and others will whine that its overpowered.

Willmark:

The whole in secret thing is what baffles me they aren’t Apple.

Groznit Goregut:

I understand that a lot of you guys have been doing CD and trying to carve out what CD’s are like based on the few resource available to you.  I know you have specific ideas as to what Chaos Dwarfs are.  I know that a new army book might leave a lot of you in a lurch as it takes the CD in a direction that you didn’t want them to go.  I know that new army books and minis would make them an army for anyone.  It might take away the mystique about playing Chaos Dwarfs.  

Personally, I think it’s all crap.  I want a living army book that is a regular army that GW supports.  I’m on the fence about collecting CD and I have been slowly collecting minis.  If this new secret army turned out not to be Chaos Dwarfs, I will probably just shelf my CD project and quit coming here.  I want Chaos Dwarfs to be a regular army that anyone can use and everyone knows about.  I don’t want to be an elitist who plays some obscure army type.  I want CD to become mainstream.

Also, I am not trying to flame or attack anyone by saying so.  I’m just voicing my opinion.