[Archive] Sprue Contest

Joshmohr:

Here is the thread for chaos-dwarfs first “Sprue Contest”! It should be pretty fun, and i wouldn’t mind getting my first site medal for this. :hat off

The contest is to convert any 40k or fantasy model using nothing but sprues and of coarse a base. Below is everything allowed to be used in the contest:

Tools: Any and all tools are allowed, provided you don’t re-cast models using sprues (If you can).

:idea

-You can melt, bend, break, and carve the sprues to your liking. No bitz are allowed, but you may use up to 2in by 1in piece of plasticard, and two pea-sized bitz of green stuff.

-If you use anything for framing, it must not be visible. It may be used for the inside of a model.

-You may use sand, static grass, water effects and just about anything for your base, provided it is not a pre-cast base detail. Rocks are allowed, and may be made of anything.

- When you have your model finished, post a picture of it unpainted in this thread, a additional painted picture is optional, but appreciated.

Be creative, and have fun with it- The deadline is February 3rd, but may be extended if enough people need more time.

There will be one final poll for voting on the top conversion- Best of luck to everyone!

Borador:

I’m in!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

nitroglysarine:

I’m in!

fonejaker:

me too

Hazkar:

february 3rd?not much time,but i think i´m in too

Borador:

@ Hazkar

I do not have very much time either, but I’ll just do my best haha.

Hazkar:

just started it

it doesnt has to be painted right? :wink:

Kered:

I’ll give it a shot.

Borador:

just started it
it doesnt has to be painted right? ;)

Hazkar
No it does not, but if you want to paint it, send in an unpainted picture aswell!

Started working on mine a bit, arm 1 is almost finished!

Good luck everyone!

Hazkar:

one sunday full of hobby madness and the construction is almost done…

just have to finish the right hand and take a pic

seems like i have enough time to paint it

Borador:

hehe nice work Hazkar, curious to see what you have come up with!

Joshmohr:

I may extend it- Just going out of town on Feb 4th-8th. If anyone could help me with making a new thread, whilst im gone, I’d gladly add a extension.

Borador:

I am willing to help you, just tell me what date I should post the voting thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Joshmohr:

Well looks like ill leave on the sixteenth- Ill extend it til’ February 15th.

Bolg:

Cool challange!! Would love to join in but dont think I can make that deadline as its the same deadline as my book.

Hazkar:

Well looks like ill leave on the sixteenth- Ill extend it til' February 15th.

Joshmohr
so there is a new deadline?or am i just getting it wrong?

Thorne:

Well if its the 15th I can make a whole regiment in that time. Love it.

Borador:

Might actually be able to make it now, since it´s the 15th of february, instead of the third :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: pictures in this thread please on the 15th, so I can make a voting thread (Replacing Joshmohr since he will be out of town haha)

Guess we’ll do a 7-day voting thread?

Hazkar:

cool…that means more time for details and i definately can paint it

7 days for voting is fine for me

Thorne:

I cant get over the volume of models one can get from no more than 4 sprues mental !