[Archive] Squalie's Infernal Dwarfs

squalie:

Hey Lads, I was asked to post my army here, so I figured I’d play a little catch up so you could retroactively see my progress, lol.

I still have a bunch of units to paint, but here we go!

Here’s my test model and base for Infernal Dwarfs (The cool Dwarfs).  I still have some detailing to do and the flintlock axe, but this is pretty much the theme.

1 Like

squalie:

Here’s the bases all done and for most of the army! I’ve put less work into whole armies, lol. these are from Base-X-of War. Great people.

squalie:

Just have a couple characters to paint (and a Bull) and I’m done the Onslaught tourney list! I’ll take better pictures when the army is all done and on display board.

squalie:

I truly need to figure out a way to take better pictures, I feel my pictures are always too bright, washed out and yellow. Dunno, not happy with them though.

My General:

My BSB, Sorcerer and unit filler:

My BSB, displaying the last Overlord that failed:

Abecedar:

OMG, Holy Hashut. They are gorgeous.

Nicodemus:

Truly epic!! Nice work squalie, thanks for posting!! :hat off

Nice work on the K�?Tdaai and K�?Tdaai Destroyer. How was the destroyer to assemble and paint? And… what�?Ts up with this toenails? Really, is one of them way more massive than the others??

squalie:

Truly epic!! Nice work squalie, thanks for posting!! :hat off

Nice work on the K�?Tdaai and K�?Tdaai Destroyer.  How was the destroyer to assemble and paint?   And... what�?Ts up with this toenails? Really, is one of them way more massive than the others??

Nicodemus
Thanks!

Ya, one toenail is huge and was super easy to assemble. Painting big stuff is fun. I'm also more curious as to who put all those skulls over him. :) Brave dude.

Fuggit Khan:

Nice painting!

And an interesting choice of colors for the fireborn, they have a magical look to them.

A very nice looking and balanced army, one to be proud of :hat off

Uther the unhinged:

Fantastic army. I love the bsb (is he a conversion). Great paint job and it all hangs together so well!

tjub:

Superb army, thanks for sharing!

How have you done the metals?

Zanthrax:

Brilliant work bro.

Love the former bsb in the cage

squalie:

Thanks all!

I wanted something a little different than the traditional fire themed CD’s, so I went more Tzeentch style, magical flame idea. the BSB is a conversion using one of the hanging dwarfs from the Drazhoath Forge World model. I embraced the slave idea of CD’s and wanted to display what happens when you’re not a successful leader. Ironically enough, inspiring the army. :smiley:

The army is super simple: leadbelcher for metals, retributory armour for trim, all washed with druchii violet, then golds picked out with auric armour gold.

other metals: Balthasar gold, stippled Gehenna’s gold, washed Agrax earthshade and then edging in mithril silver.

This is pretty much the only army I’ll use for the next while, so I’ll try to post often and I have a ton more units to paint (Immortals Shartor BSB, Lammasu, gunnery teams, Hellcannon, etc)

Nicodemus:

This is pretty much the only army I'll use for the next while, so I'll try to post often and I have a ton more units to paint (Immortals Shartor BSB, Lammasu, gunnery teams, Hellcannon, etc)

squalie
Oh yes!! We'll be eagerly waiting! And this army should help keep those Ravening Hordes in check ;)

Zanko:

Awesome army! :hat off Very inspiring! :cheers

:hashut

Nicodemus:

Where are your Chaos Dwarfs from?

I had a dream last night (no really, I did) that I ordered some Infernal Guard with hand weapons from FW and these guys with the swords came. In my dream FW changed the design and was only casting in pewter instead of resin. Anyway, weird… but I’m still curious where these guys are from!

~N

squalie:

Where are your Chaos Dwarfs from?

I had a dream last night (no really, I did) that I ordered some Infernal Guard with hand weapons from FW and these guys with the swords came. In my dream FW changed the design and was only casting in pewter instead of resin.  Anyway, weird... but I'm still curious where these guys are from!

~N

Nicodemus
Those are from Lost Kingdom Miniatures.

http://lostkingdomminiatures.com/en/

Very cool figs, a pain to rank up and lots of options. :)

Admiral:

Gorgeous army! That’s a host to be proud of. Thanks for sharing! :cheers

cornixt:

Is your general female? I can’t make out if there is a neckbeard or if that is armour/clothing, but the face looks a bit feminine in the photos.

Also, regular BC and Renders in the same army? Which rules do you use to play this army?

squalie:

Is your general female? I can't make out if there is a neckbeard or if that is armour/clothing, but the face looks a bit feminine in the photos.

Also, regular BC and Renders in the same army? Which rules do you use to play this army?

cornixt
Not a female (how dare you) but it DOES look like the beard washed out in the picture. I will post better pics as I really don't like these anyways.

We play the 9th Age rules. Taurukh (smaller) and Taurukh Anointed (bigger) are in the same list. Square bases for the win!

Admiral:

We play the 9th Age rules.  Taurukh (smaller) and Taurukh Anointed (bigger) are in the same list.

squalie
Much a player's edition for players in that regard. Most previous Chaos Dwarf models have an obvious place in T9A Infernal Dwarf army list in a way no official army lists provided before. 3rd edition petards & mortars & bazookas go as Gunnery Teams. Not crossbows, but that is only to differentiate from vanilla Dwarves: Crossbows have to count-as other firearms, up to the player to choose. All CD-specific 5th edition units are in, and any kind of Orcs go as Orc Slaves.