[Archive] Starting CD Army

w3rm:

I was reffered to come here throught the war seer site. i really like Cd fluff and want to start an army so here goes.

1 Scorcerer Lord lore death

2x Scorcers 1 lore metal one lore fire

bullcentaur battle standar bearer

40x Cd warriors with shields

10x Cd warriors wit blunder busses

10x hobgoblin wolfboyz

20x hobgoblin archers

20x hobgoblin archers

20x black orcs

20x black orcs

10 bull centaurs

1 earthshaker

any ideas points costs and reccomneded items???

w3rm:

This is my secondary army list plz tell me what ya think

Lords

Choas Dwarf Lord(255)

Armour of the Furnace

Black Hammer of Hashut

Shield

Heroes

Scrocerer(150)

Level 2 Wizard

Lore of Death

2x Dispell Scrolls

Scorcer(150)

1x Power Stone

1x Dispell Scroll

Level 2 Wizard

Lore of Death

Choas Dwarf Hero(114)

Battle Standard Bearer

War Banner

Heavy Armour

Core

20x Choas Dwarfs(210)

Heavy Armour

Shields

FC

20x Choas Dwarfs(210)

Heavy Armour

Shields

FC

20x Choas Dwarfs(250)

Heavy Armour

Great Weapons

FC

10x Choas Dwarfs(140)

Heavy Armour

Blunder Busses

FC

10x HobGoblin Wolf Riders(180)

Shields

Bows

FC

20x HobGoblins(100)

Light Armour

Shield

Musician

Standar Bearer

Special

20x Orc Boyz(150)

Choppaz

Shields

FC

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower(30)

Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower(30)

20 Sneaky Gits(130)

2 Hand Weapons

FC

Special

Earth Shaker(110)

Total:1999

This army will be pretty good IMO. Every Unit(besides wolf riders) has a unit stength of 20. I wont have to worry about being outnumbered in close combat. heres what i plan to buy.

Skull Pass(gives me enough for almost all the Blunderbussers and ill convert the dwarf engineer with the staff into a scorer.) $45

Dwarf Battle Standard Bearer $12

Dwarf Warriors $35

Dwarf Miners $25

Wolf Riders $30

Goblins $30 (Convert into HobGoblins)

Night Goblins $30 (convert into gits)

Orc Boyz $35

2x Goblin Bolt Thrower $30

Dwarf Grudge Thrower $20

Brings my total cost to : $292

Pretty good huh? Tell me what ya think

Viskar Zhragoth:

Ok, first, I like the 2nd list much better! It would suit you mcuh better on the table againast most opponents.

2nd, good plan, though as a suggestion, i’d start with your basic warriors. not as sexy as the big guns or things, but it will get you down to the look you are going for, and then after doing your first unit, you can try something sexier.

3rd, I saw your gobins, and you can convert them into hobgobbos, but you might want to check out Gecklians conversions too (he used flagellant bodies I believe) not sure if it is cheaper…but you might like the look.

4th, check out ishkur cinderhats conversions if you like big hats…they are Awesome!

5th, I assume you saw Xanders videos…(I’m taking that for gratned, you said convert, but did not mention that.)

6th, glad the Warseer crew sent you over, hope you find what you are looking for and welcome to the ranks of the Dawi Zharr!

One other note, if you might ever want to go to a tourney, like Adepticon or others, you might want to build your list to 2250 (the Gt sized army lists) Just depends on what you want to do with them.

furrie:

one thing wich noticed me, I would use atleast 15 warriors with blunderbuses, because if you put them in ranks of 5 they get there max strength bonus when fireing.

w3rm:

heheh well i have dial up so its kind of hard for me to whatch videos. also if you say 2250 then maybe i should drop the shields on the hobgobos and give em bows? or drop em all together and take a second unit of wolfriders and maybe a death rocket? and i could probaly add 5 more warriors with blunder busses but im confused when u said take more dwarf warriors. i have 70 dwarf warriors in the 2nd list and 50 in the second. and im not a very god converter so maybe i should look at some conversion stuffs. i made a bolt thrower 2 days ago out of a 1/2 a mortar carrage, sprues, and a skaven spear. if my cameras workin ill post some pics :cheers

furrie:

they are the blunddies, but official they are chaos dwarf warriors armed with blunder busses

Kera foehunter:

292.00 a lot of money !!! i like to trade or see what i have to convert from other figures!! not that im cheep i like to barter !!

you can make a bolthower !! you can use the gobos from skull pass for hobos

get read of the grudge thower

make an earth shaker out of the canon from bfsp cannon

and for the orc e- bay tun of orc there

look i saved you 80.00

to save even more !!! make a list of stuff and put it on the maket place on this site!!

w3rm:

thanks kera i was looking at the thread Makin Me An EarthShaker I Am and i think ill use pvc piping to make a earthshaker out of that. and ill use ebay too. i can make snaeky gitz outta archers to thanks so much guys