[Archive] Starting my Chaos Dwarf army

Swissdictator:

I like the Death Rocket as Bolt Thrower idea, as it really allows the ability to enhance it as dark/daemonic technology using runes.

Are you going to make all the Rocket Throwers flaming? It might shoot you in the foot a little against High Elves, but otherwise it could be very useful vs VC with Drakenhoff, DE Hydras, and Nurgle Daemons.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Ok, I see. And this is just if you come across a “Do not allow CD” shop.

Snotling:

I’m gonna “update” my army to a normal dwarf army too, after I finished my Chaos Dwarfs. But in the beginning I really like to have this antimainstream renegate army. What kind of hobby store is it when it forbit you to play with the army you like? bad enough that they don’t allow non-GW models, but when they even don’t allow other rules… these are no hobby stores, they are just shops…

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, my hobby store (the one I own), Monster Hobbies, doesn’t discriminate against old armies. In fact, I’m playing Chaos Dwarfs myself and I wouldn’t mind if someone had rules for a paticular army, character, Dog of War, or whatever…just as long as GW at some time approved of it.

I’d also like to get some of the more “specialized” Warhammer Fantasy games going, like “skirmish” and others. I just need to find like-minded people to play with.

BLOOD AXE:

Well, the fact is that some old armies wont be balanced against new ones, rules have changed & some thing have dissapeared all together. I wish GW would just throw some new updated CD rules on their website. it wouldnt kill them.

Snotling:

Well but why does GW care for the rules? They shouldn’t say something like “yeah, you can come to our store, buy our stuff and play on our tables, but only what we allow you to play”. Why do they care about what happens on their table? The gaming table is a service they should offer the community, but not a way to play the big brother who looks that everyone plays with the accapted rules. And when I go and play a Fimir army, the only person who can allow or forbit this, is my opponent. The same is when people play older editions because they like them more. :hat off

Well, if GW don’t want my army raiding for slaves on their tables, I don’t care, it’s their disprofit ^^