[Archive] Starting up a gaming club (i'm Mr. lonely)

Cryonicleech:

Disregarding the title entirely, i’d like to ask all and any and 150% of CDO this one question.

Is there anyone in the Chino Hills/ Brea area who would like to help me start a gaming club.

Why you ask? well, I don’t have many Warhammer Fantasy friends (they’re just not that into it) and my next door neighbor is a pain to play with at best.

So i’ve decided to start up this gaming club near my area!

there are a LOT of questions people could ask, such as “where would we meet” or “what should our group be called?” FEAR NOT! i am currently working on this question as we speak.

So far I have 1 other person on this (1 of my friends)

so, anyone interested??

Kera foehunter:

could you give us your state you live in to cryonicleech

to see if anyone of Americans live close??

i don’t know where Chino Hills / Brea

Pyro Stick:

Ive started up a gaming club before so if you need any help or advice then just let me know.

Zanko:

I´m afraid that the Chino Hills/ Brea area is somewhere in the USA?!?!

So it´s a bit too far away for me! lol

:hashut

Thane Godri GoblinSlayer:

What state?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Cryonicleech:

The state is California, sorry 'bout that folks!

Bassman:

California? Where? I’m going to fly to San Francisco tomorrow morning! I’ll be there up to the 21st of february… I’d like to meet some warhammer people. I’ll be around San Jose, Santa Cruz and San Francisco.

Let me know…

Groznit Goregut:

I thought California was crawling with hobbyists of all make and manner? I’m sure there is a better way to find out about existing players. Is there a local store? Have you asked the store owner? Have you tried looking at the GW Store finder in your area? Yahoo Groups is where a lot of people tend to make local groups. You could also find out where the closest tournament is and contact the organizers if they know of an existing local group. Sometimes there are people who play, but it’s the same 6-10 players that just meet at each other’s houses.

Kera foehunter:

well that 2000 miles west

Time of Madness:

The best way to start is to find a couple of good friends/buddies close by that play. Once you have that then establish yourselves as a club by playing on a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly basis.

If you currently don’t have any players near by start searching the net on some of the bigger warhammer sites (The Warhammer forum/Warseer etc).

Time of Madness

superfella:

wrong side of the pond for me im afraid