[Archive] Steel Bull (Trollkin Warwagon)

JMR:

I just stumbled upon these models. They are part of the Privateer Press Trollkin faction where they pull a Warwagon into battle. I have seen pictures of the Warwagon before, but never really noticed the bulls.

Some pictures taken from here where there’s someone showing how he paints it.

And you can order the bulls separately at Hoard 'O Bits (search for “Steel Bull”.) $22,49 for two.

I guestimate that they’d fit fine on 40x40, 50x50 and maybe even 50x75 bases. Maybe someone can make good use of them.

Grimstonefire:

That is an excellant find.  Both for your purposes and because I finally now have inspiration for how to effectively sculpt armour onto a bull torso!!! YAY

I’ll be needing this when my WF BC arrive.

CopperPot:

Wow

now this is a cool find whats the size of this model.

Da Crusha:

excellent find and a beautiful model. Im surprised it hasnt been found before.

JMR:

(...) whats the size of this model.

CopperPot
Well, I don't have the models, but here they are on PP's website:
http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gallery/trollbloods/battle-engines/trollkin-war-wagon

Judging from those pictures, with the base being 120mm, I'd guess they are actually around 6-7 cm from head to tail. That's actually pretty big.
I -think- the Trollkin are around the size of a GW Marauder or Orc, if that is any help.

I actually just noticed that they aren't in stock at Hoard 'O Bits. Privateer Press actually keeps a bitz-service themselves, but there's no parts listed for their Trollblood Battle Engines for some reason. There's some other models that ride ox/buffalo/bull type of creatures though. Not as cool as these fully armoured ones however.

Abecedar:

I second Grimstone’s thanks for the pic’s as it really is a great source for armouring the BC’s

RichardC1967:

(...) whats the size of this model.

CopperPot
I actually just noticed that they aren't in stock at Hoard 'O Bits. Privateer Press actually keeps a bitz-service themselves, but there's no parts listed for their Trollblood Battle Engines for some reason. There's some other models that ride ox/buffalo/bull type of creatures though. Not as cool as these fully armoured ones however.

JMR
they have 3 sets on Ebay...they would be good as Fireborn.. IMO
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p4712.m570.l1313&_nkw=HORDES+BITS+TROLLBLOODS+TROLLKIN+WAR+WAGON+-+2x+STEEL+BULLS&_sacat=0

beefcake:

I always thought about using one of those to pull along a slave wagon for a CD Mordheim warband.

Karring:

Very neat painting.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.