[Archive] Storm of magic and Chaos Dwarfs

thewizardofoz:

I am making a real effort to use a Llammasu in my army list - just love the idea of them and determined to make it work. In looking up the rules, it got me flicking through the storm of Magic book and I realise I haven’t played it in a good couple of years and never with chaos dwarfs - only ogres, warriors and Gnoblars!

Have any of you used Chaos Dwarfs with Storm of magic? Are they effective?

I am imagining that from an aesthetic point of you, I bet it looks good to see them surrounded by more monsters - what monsters did people go for?

Glimpse the Void:

While I haven’t used my little people of chaos in SOM yet, I have played a few with my WOC. It seems to me, that it would be really hard to take an arcane fulcrum from chaos dwarves. I’m not sure that they are the best equipped for taking them. Although if you can through a Destroyer into someones face…

Also, it would give someone the perfect chance to make a chaos dwarf brewery terrain piece.

thewizardofoz:

While I haven't used my little people of chaos in SOM yet, I have played a few with my WOC.  It seems to me, that it would be really hard to take an arcane fulcrum from chaos dwarves.  I'm not sure that they are the best equipped for taking them.  Although if you can through a Destroyer into someones face....

Also, it would give someone the perfect chance to make a chaos dwarf brewery terrain piece.

Glimpse the Void
Very good point made. The chaos dwarf brewery would be great - I reckon the drinks would definitely be spiked!

Thommy H:

The 11th Artisan’s Contest may be of interest to you.

thewizardofoz:

Good link up there,

Some lovely entries there.

GoodBeard:

The Monstrous Arcanum book from FW lets you take a Destroyer that you can upgrade. I believe he can be upgraded to thunderstomp other monsters, kind of like that really big FW giant can; as well as another few upgrades. This would probably let you throw at least two Destroyers on the table. Could be nasty!

Think I must try this…

Skink:

The Monstrous Arcanum book from FW lets you take a Destroyer that you can upgrade.  I believe he can be upgraded to thunderstomp other monsters, kind of like that really big FW giant can; as well as another few upgrades.  This would probably let you throw at least two Destroyers on the table.  Could be nasty!

Think I must try this...

GoodBeard
Any Emperor Dragon would do the trick. They are even wizards.

Glimpse the Void:

Any Emperor Dragon would do the trick. They are even wizards.

Skink
I ran an Emperor Nightmare dragon that was a level 4 death mage. It was 790 points of dreams coming true until that damn unbinding cantrip.

"This not Noggs home..." that result made me want to laugh and cry at the same time. It was really Cinematic picturing an Ancient Dracolich flipping my sorcerer the bird and going to find something more worthwhile to do with it's time. That thing was a God before that spell came up though...