[Archive] Stripping Chaos Dwarf Models

D’dos Croizii:

I have a bit of a conundrum, i have currently purchased a few Chaos Dwarf models which are the start and foundations of my soon to be Chaos Dwarf Army but the problem is some of these models are all ready partly painted.

What would be the best way of stripping the paint of the models ?

Also, are the old Renegade models, lead or pewter, after a bit of reading, some products tend to rub detail off the lead but gets all the paint off, can any confirm this, or give advice to cleaning a few renegades in particular if they are lead models?

Thanks, D’Dos Croizii

Pyro Stick:

I used Nitromors to strip my renegades and they turned out fine. They were only soaking in it for about 20 minutes though so i dont know what would happen if you left them a few days. I have also used Nitromors on marauders and they turned out fine as well.

Ghrask Dragh:

Where can I get Nitromors in the UK pyro?

cornixt:

Homebase, B&Q. It is nasty stuff though.

D’dos Croizii:

Cheers, very much appreciated

wallacer:

Failing that… Simply Green

abyss:

i used to use nitro morse, but then i happened to come across some super cheap paint stripper from wilko’s, (wilkinsons) its probably mega toxic but it actually takes the paint off as ur applying the stripper.

peace out

D’dos Croizii:

Just a quick question, till when was Games Workshop using lead models and when did they change to pewter ?

We’re 5th Ed CD’s ever cast in Lead ?

AGPO:

The “great lead sale” came around 4th ed I think. This was when GW stopped selling lead full stop, but I think the transition had been happening for a while before

gIL^:

old chaos dwarf models were indeed lead, but some are white metal, you can always check if they bend easily

gIL^:

i think ill take your advice ad get some pait stripper from wilko’s, i recently landed a deal for 30 metal blunderbusses but the paint scheme is, well brown, not the good brow, just brown,

is there aythin that can strip plastics?

Ghrask Dragh:

i used to use nitro morse, but then i happened to come across some super cheap paint stripper from wilko's, (wilkinsons) its probably mega toxic but it actually takes the paint off as your applying the stripper.

peace out

abyss
What is that one called? is it wilko's own brand?
I have recently bought some nitro' stuff, I will try it tonight I think and let you know I get on.

Don't know about stripping plastics sorry gIL^

abyss:

yer the paint stripper from wilko is just there own brand, all purpose paint and varnish stripper, �2.49 for 500ml. like i said it worked real well for me but your probs best making sure you do it in a realy well ventilated area as it gives off mega fumes. you’d probs start building a life size idol to hashut in the back garden if you where to inhale to much of it lol.

peace out

Kera foehunter:

Dang it !! there no stripping Chaos dwarfs here!!! Lol i use simple green to take paint of figures