[Archive] Stupid Warhammer forge quick question

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I guess that after being on CDO for a long time, but not seeing any Chaos Dwarfs from GW, I am just wondering where Warhammer Forge fits in as a manufacturer.

Are they tied to Games Workshop, or are they just another company for mini’s, independant of the whole thing?

I’m just hoping that they ARE part of GW and all our Dwarfy dreams are finally coming true! :smiley:

Please tell me this is the real deal!

Shakhorth:

Warhammer Forge is just like Forgeworld. You won’t find the products in the gw-stores (well perhaps the books you will), but it still counts as Games Workshop stuff.

So yeah, it’s the real deal. :smiley:

Da Crusha:

forge world and warhammer forge are sister companies of games workshop.

a.wagg:

Is Warhammer forge a different company than Forgeworld or the same?

Da Crusha:

I believe it is a new branch of forgeworld that will focus exclusively on fantasy.

wallacer:

They (GW) have a separate internet domain registered for Warhammer Forge, so it would seem WF are going to be a separate entity from FW with their own webstore.

a.wagg:

Oh, sounds good. When do you think the store will be open?

Da Crusha:

well as history has shown us, regarding chaos dwarfs, it could be 10 to 15 years. naw, who knows… maybe a few weeks or a month. Ive heard of cd units being available for christmas.

Murdock129:

From what I’ve heard, the things in those recent pictures excluding the Marienburg Land Ship (supposedly will be released when more Marienburg units are designed/made) and the Empire upgrade packs (not gonna be released at all at this rate) will be available by Christmas along with the first book and a few other units

richard barby:

well as history has shown us, regarding chaos dwarfs, it could be 10 to 15 years. naw, who knows... maybe a few weeks or a month. Ive heard of cd units being available for christmas.

Da Crusha
sadly you almost hear that every christmas but the wf ones look good

nitroglysarine:

shared people, different tax returns?

AGPO:

WF have their own sculpting team, and are headed by none other than Rick Priestly.

Spikes:

How should I assemble my minis if they are made in resin? I prefer plastics because plastic glue is awesome: it cures slowly, allowing you to pivot the joints, while being strong enough that you don’t have to apply constant pressure before gluing the model!

Thommy H:

Superglue. Same as metal.

slev:

Just be careful not to breathe in any resin dust.

Also, washing your minis before assembling is even more vital.