[Archive] Suggestions for Unit Fillers

Bassman:

Nice start… I’d just not want to be the standard bearer and have that thing behind me!!! :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

great job!! i love the cool over sizes arms

needs skulls on the bace

Warhammerman:

I really like the eruption-gun/unit filler. :cheers

Da Crusha:

very cool eruption gun, what bits are you using? they look great!

Nicodemus:

very cool eruption gun, what bits are you using? they look great!

Da Crusha
They're genestealer arms and the mouth/face piece of a Tyranid Warrior, and an extra "hood" from a flesh hound of Khorne (mine came with this piece extra), then just a styrene tube from a hobby store.  If you search GW's website for "Tyranid Monstrous Arms" in the Bitz section you'll see the arms in the middle of the sprue.  I'm thinking to add some random spikes and horns, etc to flesh-out the body... but truth be-told I don't really care for it now that I've made it, so I may not revisit it unless I can come up with something that's going to really improve its looks.

A Tyranid Carnifex head might be better for the mouth piece.

My second attempt at an eruption gun will probably be in combination with an inferno golem. The plan for now is to just use the IG with eruption gun upgrade as a unit filler, as the 40mm base works perfectly given that all of my other Warrior fillers are 40mm.  I'm still having trouble coming up with enough unit filler ideas, I now have enough Warriors for 9 units of 20 each, provided each one has a 40mm filler in it.  Zhatan the Black on his 40mm base seems like a good unit filler with a group of Warriors (provided he's not acting as Zhatan the Black otherwise), then I'm killing two birds with one stone - making Zhatan the Black in case I ever want to field him, as well as a unit filler.

I'm still frustrated at coming up with a decent Blunderbuss unit filler. If I can come up with two 40x60mm unit fillers I'll be able to represent two units of 20 blunderbusses. What I'd really prefer is 9 Blunderbusses and two groups of Warriors as I'm partial to the blunderbuss units, but alas...

Without any upgrades, banners or magic items I'm already up to 7262 pts... Once I get to work on some of the rare units and lords, etc I'll be in better shape!

Beardroller:

:idea my crazy engineers have stolen Bassmans unit filler idea for my blunderbussers. But there have been some casualities as usual & the plans were not complete.

As a fact my hobbo slaves made a far more crude & ugly blunderbussing machine of doom but I like my Blunderbus;)

Its quite WIP as all my other CD troops. Im really struggling in a WIP dilemma atm!

cheers

Nicodemus:

:idea my crazy engineers have stolen Bassmans unit filler idea for my blunderbussers. But there have been some casualities as usual & the plans were not complete.
As a fact my hobbo slaves made a far more crude & ugly blunderbussing machine of doom but I like my Blunderbus;)

Beardroller
NICE!!! I especially like the look of it from the back, very similar to the Hell Cannon in that respect. I think I need to do something similar as well ;)

What did you use for the "hat" part of the machine?

Beardroller:

oh the head part was a lucky find… i got it from an old Christmas scent room spray… Id like to do a second one.. but I cant get another bottle…

Bassman:

It`s quite WIP as all my other CD troops. I`m really struggling in a WIP dilemma atm!

cheers

Beardroller
This is not cool: it's uber cool!!!

I'd like to see it complete. The overall shape realy reflects a very good idea. You need to sharpen edges and add details and you will end with a great filler.
I'm longing to see more...

Beardroller:

Aye Aye Sir, I hope to find some time soon;)

nitroglysarine:

what about a mobile torture box/cage?

Kera foehunter:

nice !!Beard roller that make a coor deck gun !!!for a ship

hummm

Nicodemus:

nice !!Beard roller  that make a coor deck gun !!!for a ship
hummm

Kera foehunter
Anyone have thoughts for Hobgoblin unit fillers? I finally got my Hobbos but in order to make two units of 20, each with full command, I'm short 12 models. So ideally I'd need a 40mmx60mm unit filler in each... one option would be to toss a bolt thrower in there, but I only have one and would like to keep it separate as its own unit in my army.

I was thinking that a 40mm Hobgoblin Taskmaster would be better suited to a unit of Rabble, however in that case he's kind of doing double duty, Taskmaster and 3 rabble, so that's not such a hot idea.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
~N

Hashut’s Blessing:

Dependant upon what the actual unit is armed with, you can have things such as a slavemaster whipping them on or a slavemaster with all of their manacles etc, one of them just being released and pointed to go forwards or a large area of arrows stuck into the ground. you could also include some animosity ones if you wish, so a pair f hobgoblins smacking each other in the face over a large area…

Bassman:

A BSB troll anyone?

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3392&page=6

:stuck_out_tongue:

Old Painless:

I just got this off ebay. I thought it was just a normal bull, but when it arrived it is actually covered in plates/scales! it fits onto a normal horse base, so isn’t really big enough to really be a monster or a mount. I think I will use it as some kind of mascot/sacred cow unit filler.

What do you think? any other ideas?

Zanko:

What about a special character on a monster like my “Hero on Cerburus”?

Zagor’s Slavehunters

:hashut