[Archive] Suppression V precision?

Grimstonefire:

I can understand fluffwise why the CD would have some suppression missile weapons/ war machines; to quell slave rebellions (doesn’t take so many CD), but in a broader perspective would/ could the CD make precision weapons as well?

An example would be the hochland long rifle. Could the CD not make something similar, either as a character weapon or for a missile unit?

I know precision weapons are rare in warhammer, even the Dwarfs don’t have them, but should the CD?

dedwrekka:

I can understand fluffwise why the CD would have some suppression missile weapons/ war machines; to quell slave rebellions (doesn't take so many CD), but in a broader perspective would/ could the CD make precision weapons as well?

An example would be the hochland long rifle.  Could the CD not make something similar, either as a character weapon or for a missile unit?

I know precision weapons are rare in warhammer, even the Dwarfs don't have them, but should the CD?

Grimstonefire
Actually I would find that the Dwarfs have perfected precision with their Rune of Flight. imagine being able to throw something as unweildy as a large hammer and hit someone within a rank and file line with precision.

Grimstonefire:

I guess that sort of counts as a precision weapon, as close as they get considering they choose to keep back invention.

What about the CD though? In principle should the CD focus on suppression and leave all that precision rubbish to the manlings?

dedwrekka:

I guess that sort of counts as a precision weapon, as close as they get considering they choose to keep back invention.

What about the CD though?  In principle should the CD focus on suppression and leave all that precision rubbish to the manlings?

Grimstonefire
I think suppression suits them well, it not only hits a larger area, but weapons like the blunderbuss would leave a lot of enemy disabled but with relatively minor wounds that could be fixed so that you have plenty of slaves for later.

Could they make precision weapons? Probably, but it doesn't seem to suit their style exactly.

Kera foehunter:

i think they would use short range noise making guns to strike terror !!

like blunder busses loaded with grape shot or canon shooting metal shards

so i say suppression