[Archive] Surgery **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Willmark:

For those not in the know 2010 was a craptastic year for myself and my family, surgeries, car accidents, health issues, you name it.

2011 was basically consumed by building the new house.

And now in 2012? In a few weeks I’ll be under going surgery to repair the tear/drainage system of the right eye into the nose. Basically scar tissue has closed it off, causing my sinus sphenoidalis (those are the ones the tear ducts empty to) to be filled with fluid because things aren’t draining. The result is my right eye constantly waters because there is no where for them to go. This has been going on for a few months and the final straw seems to have been the massive sinus infection I had in September.

So the doc will be cutting into the side of my nose and creating a new drain, then placing a silicon tube for three months to act as a stent to keep it open while my nose heals. It’s outpatient, but I was told to be prepared for a massive black eye and a scar. Oh well, scars are bruises with better stories. :wink:

Anyways, I’d like to thank the Staff as its always been something lately! This also goes to explaining why (yet again) I haven’t been on as much.

Galladorn:

Real sorry to hear this. Hope the rest of 2012 looks better for you.

vulcanologist:

Good luck with the opp! Hoping everything goes well for you and this year starts to improve!

Uncle Fool:

I’ll be praying for you mate. Sounds like you’re having a rough time, but remember the only way is up (or is that a song?):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Lets just hope you can get to a place where life can flow along with you feeling pretty much ok:cheers All the best buddy:hat off

JonJon:

Will be sending my prayers as well.sinus infections are rough.

Jon

The Odor:

Best of luck for the surgery and may life stop kicking you.

Willmark:

Thanks.

I just wanted to give folks a heads up to where I’ve been.

Plus if this is the worse thing I’ve got going on I’ll consider myself lucky.

Necrotique:

Best of luck mate :slight_smile:

Borador:

Good luck withthe opperation buddy!

Nicodemus:

All the best, and hope it all goes smoothly.

Discoking:

Sounds like you’ve had your Annus Horribilis.

Good luck for the future :cheers

Kera foehunter:

Kera gives Willmark tears from chuch norris

this sould fix it I hear his tears can cure cancer

or we have this

occ

All funning aside i hope the best for ya

anytime you have to use the American heath insurance

it more scary then the surgery

Were all pulling for ya

Kera

snowblizz:

And now in 2012? In a few weeks I'll be under going surgery to repair the tear/drainage system of the right eye into the nose. Basically scar tissue has closed it off, causing my sinus sphenoidalis (those are the ones the tear ducts empty to) to be filled with fluid because things aren't draining. The result is my right eye constantly waters because there is no where for them to go. This has been going on for a few months and the final straw seems to have been the massive sinus infection I had in September.

Willmark
Interesting. (OK yeah so it's an odd choice of words but bear with me). I happened to hear about the problem (or a very similar one) on a tv show, the Drs I think.

And it reminded me how my right eye always tears up when I bike to school in the cold. Left eye never does it to the same degree. And often at other points during the day. I'd never heard about this before, but it sounded like something I could suffer from. One should never watch such programs, as I like to say, you are only sick after you've seen a doctor.

Hopefully you get it fixed good, it's really annoying, even to the small degree I have it (unless I am imagining stuff). Also surgery around the eyes scare me.

Willmark:

Disco king- well it’s more like parts I & II. 2011 was pretty good, just busy. This year has been good as well. 2010 sucked.

Snowblizz- happened last night on a walk with the dog and family wind was fairly substantial and eye was going crazy. Biggest risk of delaying this the chance of infection. Also I’ve been dealing with this since September/oct.

snowblizz:

Disco king- well it's more like parts I & II. 2011 was pretty good, just busy. This year has been good as well. 2010 sucked.

Snowblizz- happened last night on a walk with the dog and family wind was fairly substantial and eye was going crazy. Biggest risk of delaying this the chance of infection. Also I've been dealing with this since September/oct.

Willmark
Definitely something going on my list I should ask a doctor about. On the tv program it sounded like a very simple fix, yours sound a bit more involved with cutting. So really should have someone look at it in case it gets worse still. If I ever see a doctor, well beside my dad I mean, but his specialty is a completely different gender and at the other end of people...:P

I'm actually sitting right now blinking with my right eye a bit (just biked home). I've kinda had it for years really which is why I've never thought about it really, but I've felt like it's getting worse a few years ago. Not trying to steal your thunder here, I just sounded eerily familiar to what I'm experiencing.:P

Willmark:

No worries shared knowledge is good.

It’s usually not any ONE thing but a cumulative effect. Scar tissue builds up and closes of where it drains into your nose. There are other options but in my case it came down to either laser or surgery. Laser is less invasive but leaves no scar. Surgery has a higher success rate but scar might happen. I decided I don’t want to do this again, hence surgery.

Blue in VT:

Best Wishes Will…as a Scuba diver I’ve suffered almost all possible sinus issues…yours sounds quite acute and I hope you get full releif without major pain.

Hang in there bro.

Blue

Ghrask Dragh:

Yeah best of luck mate, hope the surgery all goes well.

I know how you feel having one thing after another after another, hang in there mate and one day we won’t have too much to worry about again :hat off

Good luck again

Abecedar:

Hint. Don’t take a photo straight afterwards with your phone and send it anywhere. You’ll regret it. (I did after a nose re-bore 2 or so years ago). Good Luck.

Willmark:

Have to be at the hospital at 7:15 AM tomorrow. 1.5 hours of prep. 1.5 for the actual surgery and then 1.5-3 hours of recovery. So by early afternoon I should be heading home to play Skyrim, errr healing up.