[Archive] Swiss's NEW Chaos Dwarf army (Helms/Masks)

Xander:

so the GH#8 entries don't have to be annonymous? ;)

demi_morgana
Remaining anonymous is certainly the gentlemanly thing to do. As having bonus pictures could possibly give you an advantage during voting. :/

We have no firm rules in place at present, but suffice it to say we strongly encourage staying as anonymous as possible until the voting is done, yes.

Perhaps we'll have to re-evaluate this in the future.

demi_morgana:

We have no firm rules in place at present, but suffice it to say we strongly encourage staying as anonymous as possible until the voting is done, yes.

Perhaps we'll have to re-evaluate this in the future.

Xander
I was just curious :)
and speaking of the future - any news about GH#9 theme? :hat off

Xander:

Well, next up is an Artisan’s Contest. We are having deep discussions about the future of the AC. The next painting competition is also being discussed yet, but we’ve not revealed what our plans are yet. :slight_smile:

But this topic about Swiss!

I like the steam punk look of the ES, it’s cool. :slight_smile:

Swissdictator:

That’s a WIP of the warriors.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I really appreciate them.

@Bassman: Yeah, I’ve started getting better. It matters to me, that my army looks good when I go to a tournament. I wasn’t fully satisfied with the paint job of my Big Hat CDs. I felt like trying something different and felt like doing Helms. I’m hoping these look sharp.

@Xander: I was a bit hesitant for the public debut. Though I felt once I showed what I was doing with the warriors it’d be obvious. My apologies if I upset anyone! :frowning:

@Xander: Thanks, I’m a steampunk fan so it’s a pretty cool look I think. I’m planning on making some Death Rockets at some point and I need to think about how I can make a couple and go very steam punk as I’m using more of the same for the crew.

so.sad:

I really like those. Well, most of them, the one in the back row, second on the left side isn’t exactly looking like a dwarf methinks.

But the rest is really evil dwarfs, did you make them out of Impact Minis models? This squat bodys fit perfectly.

Swissdictator:

The ones in the warriors pics are my own work.

I took the 6E warriors and built some GS around them, then gave them the scalemail armor for the legs.

The shoulder pads are a mix of VC Grave Guard and Lizardmen Saurus shoulder armor.

I’ve since touched up the armor to make it look more like the tarnished metal you’ve already seen.

Kera foehunter:

they look great swiss!! love the colors you picked

Dino:

I must admit imkinda disappointed with myself. I can’t believe I haven’t seen this thread until now.

This stuff looks really cool. Conversions look really cool and paint jobs look awsome as well.

Can’t wait to see more.

Kera foehunter:

so what are the choices you" re going to do with there arms Swiss

Swissdictator:

For most I took the 6th edition Dwarf arms and whittled off the chainmail look for the shoulders.  They fit VERY nicely under the shoulder pads I’ve given them.

5th edition Chaos Warrior shields as well.

Tonight I’m hoping to get a Black Orc unit done. The Metal GW ones.

wallacer:

I like some of them more than others, but as a cohesive whole they look great. A whole army that looks like that should be a pretty impressive sight.

Kera foehunter:

cool can’t wait to see them

Swissdictator:

The banner has been corrected, it is upside right.

demi_morgana:

The banner has been corrected, it is upside right.

Swissdictator
I was just about to ask about this ;)

Zanko:

Very good and clear conversions! Just great!!! :hat off

I really like these minis!!! :smiley:

But … I like the colour scheme of your Big Hats much more! :~

This scheme is too “normal” or how to say in english (?) - too expected. Don´t misunderstand me good technique, very stylish … but not really fancy. Perhaps a bit too much like Khorne Chaos Warriors.

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

Damn swiss you waste no time in posting them great job

love the red armor

so.sad:

damn, it looks chaotic and evil.

Exactly like it should be, if you ask me.

good job there

With my dwarfs the AoD Dwarf looks slightly out of scale, which is why I didn’t paint him yet. He fits a lot better with yours though!

nice work

Dino:

Very nice. Looking really great their Swiss.

clam:

Great work, Swiss - really like your ‘new’ colour scheme. Keep it up.

Btw: You really should bring us a few close ups of your AoW Dwarf Lord :wink:

Kera foehunter:

So is this your Republican guard swiss?? the elite of the swiss army