[Archive] Swiss's Tzeentch Chaos Mortals (renamed)

Swissdictator:

I’m shortening them and going with a couple less, the Tzeentch Ogres just offer space for quite a few to be on there is all.

They’re Cocktail Picks, 3 1/2" long. I got a box of 1,000 off E-bay for about $8 US. So even if I botch a few, I have spares. Gives me enough for a display board too, where I’ll think I might make some devious crystaline circle for… plus I can use some to make terrain too!

The LED idea is tempting, but I fear it might be waaaaay too expensive for me to consider. I’d have to look into it. Might be a cool idea for the Warshrine, however. grins evilly

Nicodemus:

The LED idea is tempting, but I fear it might be waaaaay too expensive for me to consider. I'd have to look into it. Might be a cool idea for the Warshrine, however. *grins evilly*

Swissdictator
The watch batteries could add up. If that's an issue go with AA or AAA batteries instead. If you stop in to a decent electronics shop you should be able to get various colours of LEDs for a few pennies a piece. These days I seem to find mostly the directional LEDs around here (cast a beam of light straight out, useful for flashlights, etc), but there are diffuse light LEDs you can get as well. Last time I picked some up I think I paid about 10-cents a piece for clear/colourless LEDs that cast a diffuse non-directed light.

Anyway, a Warshrine would give you lots of room to hide space for batteries and wires etc. Cheap X-mas lights (easily found around New Year) with little tiny control boxes that let you cycle through various blinking arrangements are also good. You can usually get an insane number of LEDs (you have to clip a lot of them out) but then you can also use the control to adjust lighting as needed. Maybe better for some terrain though.

Swissdictator:

Adjust the crystals a bit to be less obnoxious

CheTralfara:

I think the crystals look is really cool, however I almost prefer the painted crystals, where the cocktail sticks look a little too much like unpainted plastic… but maybe there are some subtle painting techniques you could apply on some sticks to make them look more realistic? or perhaps cut some grooves into them… maybe experiment with the extras a little.

Your conversions are awesome, and I love what you did with the ogre, can’t wait to see more.

Have you thought about using the upper half of the bodies from the new chaos knights box on the bottom half of standard chaos warriors (the legs). That would make some chosen that really stick out.