[Archive] Table Size

ryanamandaanna:

Out of curiosity, if one wanted to do a game with a 10,000 to 12,000 size force… what size would the table need to be for comfortable gaming? My guess is that an 8’ x 4’ table would not be sufficient…

Gunnerson:

Out of curiosity, if one wanted to do a game with a 10,000 to 12,000 size force... what size would the table need to be for comfortable gaming?  My guess is that an 8' x 4' table would not be sufficient...

ryanamandaanna
Played a 7k force of Dwarfs vs VC some time ago and we did 8x4 and it was a tad big. A whole edge of the table was unused.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I’ve played some 15K per side games and it’s a tight fit on 12’x4’ table. We have always done a blind setup where the first side to step away from the table is the side that gets +1 to go first. Unit-by-unit deployment would take forever otherwise…

Kera foehunter:

Out of curiosity, if one wanted to do a game with a 10,000 to 12,000 size force... what size would the table need to be for comfortable gaming?  My guess is that an 8' x 4' table would not be sufficient...

ryanamandaanna
is this going to be at your home or a game shop?

ryanamandaanna:

At my home, most likely, since the game will probably take a while. :stuck_out_tongue:

Animatone:

Sounds like one hell of a game ryanamandaanna! I’d say 12’ would be good (1’ per 1,000pts).

Take some pictures when it happens, would love to see the set up!

Kera foehunter:

o boy ,good luck and i hope you have the room for it … Kid don’t bother your Dad for 7 days lol