[Archive] "Tales of Battle" magazine

Zanko:

Does anyone of you know what happened with the “Tales of Battle” magazine?

In January 2011 there should be the release of issue 8 but nothing happens!

On the webside is only the notice: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, I am currently not taking subscribers at this time.  This will hopefully resume soon"

I like the magazine a lot so I would like to know if there would be a chance that the release will restart regulary again?

:hashut

snowblizz:

Ben mentioned that issue 8 was late but out in a mail on the 6.1.

I’ll ask around…

clam:

I was under the impression that issue #8 was out - at the web-site it’s says: “Issue #8 is Finally HERE and being shipped out tomorrow Jan 6th!!” - that wasn’t the case? Almost ordered it last week - now kind of glad I didn’t.

Perhaps PM ‘Mattbird’ - he has been co-writing for the magazine and should know.

Really want to see it back on it’s feet - really like that mag.

Baggronor:

I was supposed to do illustrations for it but it seemed it kinda died some time ago. Not heard anything for quite a while.

I did hear that Matt wasn’t keen on 8th ed though.

Da Crusha:

I received issue No 8. I hope it doesn’t stop production any time soon because I ordered I think 12 magazines in my subscription.

mattbird:

Hi, I stopped working on it last summer due to time constraints. afaik, the magazine is dead.

Zanko:

Hi, I stopped working on it last summer due to time constraints. afaik, the magazine is dead.

mattbird
Very sad news ... :(

:hashut

Willmark:

I always wondered how you guys got away charging for it with GW having a fit!

mattbird:

I always wondered how you guys got away charging for it with GW having a fit!

Willmark
They were fine with it, actually. We sent a copy to their legal dept, and they cleared it.

Unseen Lerker is doing a better job than we ever did, anyway. :)