[Archive] Taruk v Great Taurus

Blackspine:

Ahoy all!

I’m trying to make a decent fighting Chaos dwarf list. (and that comps well as I’m in a comp tourney enviroment)

The magma cannon provides tremendous support and really dishes out the damage better than I could have imagined.

I’m having some trouble with having enough ‘punch’ in the list.

One thing I’m toying with is DUMPING the Great Taurus (from lord) and picking up a Taruk BC hero.

Ideally, this is what I would go with

BC Taruk: Black shard, great weapon, Dragon helm, Dawnstone, OTS

In your thoughts, would this out-perform the great taurus?

I’m torn on this, as flight is an important issue and 18" ld 10 is amazing. Not many armies have access to that.

The BC would be a monster killer with a high T and amazing armor save (2+ ward v fire)

Really, looking for any help and advice.

Would the BC taruk be better than the 18 man squad of IG w GW? (though banners are important)

Animatone:

Without a doubt Taruk… The sad fact is that most monstrous mounts don’t in game play purposes make up for their points cost and your Sorcerer lord will be quite effective stashed in a unit of infernals. I’d say you get more bang for your buck with the Taruk hero over the Taurus, but between me and you I always run with a monstrous mount because I feel it’s more in line with the whole CD motif and I really do like the look of centerpiece models to build an army around.

Either way

Play to win… Taruk.

Play to have fun and have a kick-butt lord model… Sorcerer on a Taurus!

Da Crusha:

personally I’ve never compared the 2 but I must add that a a great Taurus will also help you catch those pesky flying characters (the ones stay out of charge arc to harass you) and allow the prophet to cast our really short range spells from the Lore of Hashut.

Blackspine:

personally I've never compared the 2 but I must add that a a great Taurus will also help you catch those pesky flying characters (the ones stay out of charge arc to harass you) and allow the prophet to cast our really short range spells from the Lore of Hashut.

Da Crusha
Yeah, the Taurus is such an amazing centerpiece.
Especially as I have the "Draz & Cinder" model.
lore of hashut has some nice spells, but are very tricky with the range. The I test (in a straight line) is great, more so when you can work out some angles with it.

Any suggestions to what I could drop to add this guy? Would he perform better than the IG w GW's?

Da Crusha:

I think you gotta post a link to your list here, not sure what you are running.

Blackspine:

I think you gotta post a link to your list here, not sure what you are running.

Da Crusha
I did, albeit very hidden.

here's the COMBAT LIST

- the updated list is on the bottom
thanks again for any and all advice.

Part of me is thinking to drop the BC's to 3, and scrounge points somewhere?
The GW ig are solid, and fun w hatred