[Archive] Tau or Eldar

Joshmohr:

I’m starting a new army; Either the Tau or Eldar. I’ve heard that the Tau are the worst army ever, and that Eldar really are worth it. Tau seem like they might be a fun army to collect/paint. Ive been doing ALOT of close range armies, like the Tyranids, Orkz,and Necrons. This time, im thinking of a long range one.

So tau, or eldar. I’d also like to know your opinions on BOTH armies. =D

Swissdictator:

Speaking with no GAME experience with 40k whatsoever… here are my thoughts.

Both have very nice vehicles, in terms of sculpts. They’d both be fun to paint. For me, it’d depend on the paint scheme I’d use. Troop wise… and smaller vehicles I’d lean towards Eldar. Plus if you give them the right paint scheme… I’m not sure… but you might be able to cross use some as Dark Eldar.

Thematically… I’m nuetral… they both have their appeal. I’d prefer Dark Eldar over Eldar… but Tau or Eldar… I’d be torn.

Joshmohr:

Oh yeah- its hard for me to decide to. I’m a bit tight, so i wouldn’t be able to buy another army for a while.

warh:

hmm…
eldars are maybe more fun to paint
but tau are cooler.

i say tau …again

Baggronor:

They are both way cool :slight_smile:

I think Eldar offer you more options, with the ability to go melee-heavy or shooting-tastic. Nice models too :slight_smile: and you need relatively few troops.

Tau are less flexible, but their firepower is mental. If you like anime, its gotta be Tau :slight_smile: Cool Ethereal conversion opportunities too.

I think both races would do best with a reasonable amount of vehicles (plus skimmers look awesome) so it may be best to consider what budget you have too. It sounds like you want a shooting-heavy list though, so perhaps Tau?

Filipicusius:

Space elves or wannabe mecha? In this case, i have to say space elves…

warh:

They are both way cool :)

I think Eldar offer you more options, with the ability to go melee-heavy or shooting-tastic. Nice models too :) and you need relatively few troops.

Tau are less flexible, but their firepower is mental. If you like anime, its gotta be Tau :) Cool Ethereal conversion opportunities too.

I think both races would do best with a reasonable amount of vehicles (plus skimmers look awesome) so it may be best to consider what budget you have too. It sounds like you want a shooting-heavy list though, so perhaps Tau?

Baggronor
yes eldar are flexible but Tau are preaty flexible to.
My XV8's are jump infantery and can deepstike so do my gun drones.
I can mount my fire warriors in devil fishes.
I can upgrade all my veicles in to fast veicles.