[Archive] Taurus or Lamassu?

AGPO:

If you were only to take one, whihc would you have, a lord on a Great Taurus or a sorcerer lord on a Lamassu? I want to add both eventually, but I only have the time/money to get one done for the Nemesis Crown

hobblin:

I chose the great tarus because its brute streanth is amazing and it breathes fire.Plus it gets to fight in challanges.

hal:

I don’t really see any advantage of making your expensive sorceror lord even more expensive and making him easier to target at the same time. I really think the Lamassu is a waste of points especially having fielded one in the past to see if it would work.

The taurus gets my vote, mainly for use in bigger games though.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

The Taurus, definitely. Big monsters should rock in battle and scare people, and not help your sorceror become a better target for the enemy!

Lord Archaon:

Great Taurus. It’s great because of his breath.:slight_smile:

metro_gnome:

my nan armed with a cardy and two umbrellas as handweapons could give the lammansu a good kicking…

the stats of a giant squig… 4x the cost… giant kick me sign?
just say no…

Xander:

Taurus for the win! I am painting mine right now. :slight_smile:

Slaver_of_Zharr:

i agree with all the above statements

and i cant wait to see it Xander:)

Lord Zarkov:

Lammasu used to just about have a use; back when it could join units and when BC were good, the MR2 and terror immunity was nice; now it has no uses.

Taurus looks good, although I must admit I’ve never used it yet

The Flying Beaver:

I too am building my taurus and look forward to using it. The Lammasu is garbage though.

wallacer:

Even if the Lamassu was better (which it isn’t) I would still use the Taurus since it is a better looking miniature.

AGPO:

Lammasu used to just about have a use; back when it could join units and when BC were good, the MR2 and terror immunity was nice; now it has no uses.

Zarkov
Can't characters riding monsters join units now? That more or less stuffs Archaon and the Swords of Chaos, or my Chaos Knights led by a juggernaut rider

Lord Zarkov:

They can as long as:

The combined model is under US5

The monster doesn’t fly

The Lammasu breaks both of these IIRC and is thus doubly ineligible

AGPO:

Does that mean my lord of Tzeentch can no longer join his knights unit if he rides a disc? I modelled a unit of knights riding discs to accompany him, but I may have to use him as ‘counts as’ now which will be confusing to others.

Lord Zarkov:

I believe so; although it is good to remember that Daemon Princes, Exalted Daemons (and even Greater Daemons IIRC) can join units as it is they that fly, not their mount

AGPO:

I don’t see why the Lammasu can’t join bull centaurs and just use their ground movement, it’s just GD being irritating

hal:

I don’t see why the disc wouldn’t be able to join the knights as he doesn’t technically fly, does he?

I’m pretty sure it describes it as floating or something.

AGPO:

“Floating” counts as flying except it only moves 15" rather than 20"

Pyro Stick:

I would like to take both in my army as i think they are both cool models (im not saying i tihnk the lamassu is any good). Obviously the right coice would be to take the Taurus because it is much stronger and more useful

Traitor King:

I would have to agree with the others here: Taurus. Monsters are best for beefing up nasty characters, not for giving a wizard a nice ride. Plus its generally nice (bulls head > odd dwarf head).