[Archive] Tenderiser and Whirlwind from plastic?

Grimstonefire:

Just thinking that I can’t remember the last time I saw someone convert these out of plastic to look like the actual models?

Conversions using the basic idea yes, but not converting to try and look like the old machines.

Strikes me that with a few bits of sprue, a BC conversion, some plastic wheels and some spikes it would definately be possible. Saves spending loads of money on them from ebay.

dncswlf:

Hmm , certainly! maybe the topic for a Golden Hat?

Pyro Stick:

It would definately be easy to build the basic frame out of sprue and the bits for the whirlwind would be easy to fashion but the tenderiser would probably be a bit harder. And the mechanics of the whole thing wouldnt work (as in, when the wheels turn the weapons wouldnt move).

dncswlf:

I don’t know… with a little gear-work, and some offset blocks on the axles… you could get it to articulate! did you leave yours “working” I went back and forth about whether I wanted to do that or not… and settles for gluing them… except for the whirlwind parts… I left them to spin (I didn’t get the axle with it, so had to fashion some parts :wink: I’d be interested in making another one… a project for another day though! ha!

Pyro Stick:

I don't know.. with a little gear-work, and some offset blocks on the axles.. you could get it to articulate!  did you leave yours "working"  I went back and forth about whether I wanted to do that or not.. and settles for gluing them.. except for the whirlwind parts.. I left them to spin (I didn't get the axle with it, so had to fashion some parts ;-)  I'd be interested in making another one.. a project for another day though!  ha!

dncswlf
I honestly tried so hard with the tenderiser to get it to work. I glued bits of match sticks under the axle to keep it from falling off so i can move it along and it kind of works but the weapons get in the way of each other and jam up. It would def be much easier with the wirlwind. im tempted to take mine apart and put it together so that it will wotrk but im planning on glueing them to chariot bases so i doubt i will.

Kera foehunter:

this would be a cool Golden hat contest !!!

but out of plastic and gw part i say a orc chairot

you get a boar for the bc.

then you get a set of wheels and classy all you need is the weapons

Bolg:

I recommend building the frame from wood wood, (or balsa wood if your not a cheapskate like me). and if you think of it, its a damn easy conversion. the tenderizer is the simplest as it hasnt got “moving” blades.

I like the challenge but I already got my hands on a real tenderizer and I dont even play the Indy list (yet).