[Archive] Terrortoise Mordheim Warband

maxxev:

One of the reasons my Bloodcap gnomes wont get regular updates is that I’m trying to work on more than one warband at a time (it saves me getting burnt out basically).

This was the prototype miniature for my terrortoise warband completed some time ago:

Got one of the terrortoise almost finished today, got a spot on his head and his eyes that still need to be finished properly. I’m quite enjoying doing all the spots on them, but I still need to buy a decent orange paint.

More angles over on my blog.

Thommy H:

Red tortoises should have sais, not bo staves. That’s purple.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Hahaha. To be fair, Mr H., he’s using orange paint, so it should be armed with pizza :wink: I mean nun-chuks :smiley:

Looking good and I like that you’ve clearly used terrapin pictures to get the colourations right. Where did you get the models from?

maxxev:

Hahaha. To be fair, Mr H., he's using orange paint, so it should be armed with pizza ;) I mean nun-chuks :D

Looking good and I like that you've clearly used terrapin pictures to get the colourations right. Where did you get the models from?

Hashut's Blessing
I did indeed look at some pictures of american turtles for the inspiration on the paintwork.

They are conversions from Avatars of War dwarves, with sculpted heads and shells and various other bits / weapons from other kits.

Here is the next one (he will have a shield):

more angles on my blog as per usual.

Nicodemus:

Fantastic work!! Totally bizarre, but I like them just the same. Great work on the paint jobs as well. I really like what you’ve done with the mottled skin. Excellent job all around.

~N

Abecedar:

really nice, I love the shell armour you’ve done

maxxev:

Thanks guys :).

Ok the last Terrortoise for a while is the bonehead (a happy push mold / sculpting accident on his head).

Different colourings again (variation is the spice of life (plus I used the wrong paint lol).

I shall have to get a decent group shot at some point so you can see how small these guys are, even compared to the gnomes.

More angles on my blog as per usual (because it’s the only way I can get people to go there :stuck_out_tongue: lol).

Kera foehunter:

so is this what happen to the teenage ninja turtles maxxev ?

They got old and evil…

I love the aow berserkers Great figure they are great to convert with

maxxev:

Who said they were evil! :).