[Archive] Thagg-a-Durz

Loki:

I was reading the time of legends book Malekith by Gav Thorpe last night and came across a very interesting bit of info that I believe talks about chaos dwarfs, below is the extract from page 114 see what you think,

�?oAnd what about that catapult thing?�?� said Malekith, indicating an enormous trebuchet followed by a wagon loaded with cunningly carved rocks as large as horses.

�?oAh that is Gate Breaker�?� said Aernuis �?oA mysterious engine. I once heard an engineer say that it had smashed the dark citadel of Thagg-a-Durz. When I inquired as to who else but the dwarfs had a means to create such castles that required attack, the dwarfs fell silent. Their surly expressions discouraged me from any further inquiry�?�.

This book is set during the reign on Snorri Whitebeard the first high king of the dwarfs who is the future white dwarf, the time sets it well before the time of woes and the goblin wars not to mention the rise of Sigmar.

So from this I can only conclude that Thagg-a-Durz is a chaos dwarf citadel as they are the only people at this time that would have the technology and skill to build it.

Is there any other reference to Thagg-a-Durz or is this the first any one has heard of it ?

Obsidian:

Interesting. Never heard of it myself but the reasons given surely make it easy to assume that it must be about Chaos Dwarfs. We know Gav likes Chaos Dwarfs and maybe this is another one of his subtle hints about the CDs. :slight_smile:

Loki:

if i come across any more hints like the one above as i make my way through the book i will post them up, good to see that cd are getting hints in new materal though :slight_smile:

Ancient History:

I’m divided as to where to put this on the wiki. It’s not quite explicit enough for [[Chaos Dwarf References]], so maybe a separate Thagg-a-Durz page we can file under debates in the [[Contents]] page. Thoughts?

dedwrekka:

I'm divided as to where to put this on the wiki. It's not quite explicit enough for [[Chaos Dwarf References]], so maybe a separate Thagg-a-Durz page we can file under debates in the [[Contents]] page. Thoughts?

Ancient History
Maybe put it on there with a caveat that explains that it may or may not be a (former?) Chaos Dwarf citadel.

al-hashut:

Surely it’s about Chaos Dwarfs. The name is dwarfish, it’s a Dark citadel and the dwarfs go sullen when asked about them, it’s got Dawi Zharr written all over it :slight_smile: