[Archive] That such a "Non-English Language Threads" in Chaos-Dwarfs.com?

Bassman:

I second everybody who want to keep English as the only language here. It wuld not be nice if I start to write in Italian. Probably just me and Alan will be able to understand.

I try to do my best with English and I’d like also English speaking natives try to improve their language, sometimes slang and poor English  make it difficult to understand for me.

About foreign languages it would be nice to start threads comparing Warhammer translations! I’ve seen in other forums, it’s pretty funny.

Do you guess what is a squassaterra? Tromboni? Ahahah :slight_smile:

cornixt:

You can PM each other in other languages (or even exchange emails). Put something in your signature or maybe we could have a thread where people declare the languages they’s like to speak and people can contact them.

Borador:

Or how about we all learn dutch! XDD

To be honest I don’t really mind people speaking their own language, as long as they will post the english translation under it, so everyone can get what they are saying and can respond to it.

wallacer:

I'd like to see our people make a better effort to speak as plain or common English as they can and keep the slang, leetspeak, netspeak, textspeak down or remove it completely.  

two_heads_talking
I'd like to see that as well. It's annoying enough for people who speak English as a first language. It must be a nightmare for those who don't.

grupax:

Or how about we all learn dutch! XDD

To be honest I don't really mind people speaking their own language, as long as they will post the english translation under it, so everyone can get what they are saying and can respond to it.

Borador
dat zou inderdaad nog eens de max zijn

Henroth:

I'd like to see that as well.  It's annoying enough for people who speak English as a first language.  It must be a nightmare for those who don't.

wallacer
Above all for me. :(

Until to Chewbacca and R2-D2 don't have problems with the languages. ;P

Nicodemus:

dat zou inderdaad nog eens de max zijn

grupax
Babelfish tells me you've just said:

"that would be indeed once more maximum"

Clearly, we need you to translate this for us ;)

~N

Borador:

I’ll give you the translation on that:

That would indeed be the max ( as in the highest reachable )

Well maybe that is translated a bit to uhm freely ( do you say it that way?) but what he means is that it would be real awesome if everyone else would learn Dutch ^.^

Bassman:

I'll give you the translation on that:
Well maybe that is translated a bit to uhm freely ( do you say it that way?) but what he means is that it would be real awesome if everyone else would learn Dutch ^.^

Borador
What's the point in learning Dutch? Well maybe to pick up gorgeous Holland chicks ;)

Borador:

Or maybe because the Dutch language just is the most awesome language there is?

Hehe, well I might have a point there, but I think English would be a little easier to use as the main language around here XD

Edit: But it would be cool if we all spoke Dutch, would be a lot easier for me, hehe.

snowblizz:

Or maybe because the Dutch language just is the most awesome language there is?

Borador
To each his own. My mother thinks Dutch is the ugliest language on the planet. Pretty much.
What's the point in learning Dutch? Well maybe to pick up gorgeous Holland chicks ;)

Bassman
Yeah, but then one would have to *talk* to them. And that's not what you'd want to do with Dutch girls. I can do that already with you guys in English.

Kera foehunter:

Borador

Bassman
yea like i want to speak dutch now!
* Kera shakes her head *

Bassman:

Borador

Bassman
yea like i want to speak dutch now!
  *  Kera shakes her head *

Kera foehunter
Kera, you do not need to speak Dutch to be a "boys magnet" ;)

Hashut’s Blessing:

It amuses me because I have met Evil Clown in person, who is Dutch, and he says that he prefers English, it makes more sense and he speaks it better, lol :smiley: So, those saying let’s learn Dutch: even your countrymen don’t always like it! lol :smiley:

Borador:

Hehe, neither do I xD It is one of the most stupid languages around. Things with -d’s and -t’s and all sorts of wierd rules which make it totally unlogical :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: It’s just that my Dutch vocabulairy is bigger then my English one lol, but I do not need big words around here.

It was just a suggestion… whistles and walks on

AGPO:

I would also imagine that moderating would become pretty difficult if the staff can't read what's being said, particularly if an argument were to brew up.

Baggronor
This is the key issue really, we can't moderate threads we can't read. Imagine if an argument were to start in the foreign language section, then spread to the rest of the site. How would staff be able to keep it under control not knowing what started it.

On the other hand, there are lots of ways to communicate with people you meet on the site in your own language. PMs, Instant Messengers, email and Facebook are all possibilities