[Archive] "The 333rd Forward Battalion" 2400pts

propervillanz:

Howdy all, i am fairly new to the Chaos Dwarfs having only played three games with them. The previous battles were played with Tommy H.'s list (absolutely love it by the way). However, with the release of the new Forge World Chaos Dwarf Book (Tamurkhan came out solely for the purpose of creating an official Chaos Dwarf book in my opinion) i have decided to go official.

So this is my first attempt at a competitive list with the Legion of Azgorh.

“The 333rd Forward Battalion” 2399pts

Deamonsmith Sorcerer: Xor’aster the Damned 185pts

Level 2 Wizard (Lore of Fire or Death)

General

Talisman of Preservation

Warrior Bane

Pistol

Deamonsmith Sorcerer: Mephisto the Exile 180pts

Talisman of Endurance

Sword of Striking

Potion of Speed

Pistol

Infernal Castellan: Vadar the Lost 220pts

Mask of the Furnace

Iron Curse Icon

Dragon Bane Gem

Fireglaive

24 Infernal Guard 457pts

Full Command

Fireglaives

Standard of Discipline

Deathmask equipped with a Pistol

(Zor’aster Here)

24 Infernal Gurard 442pts

Full Command

Fireglaives

Deathmask equipped with Pistol

Magma Cannon 170pts

Hellbound

Magma Cannon 170pts

Hellbound

Dreadquake Mortar 240pts

Hellbound

Slave Ogre

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders

Standard

Musician

Spears

Bows

Standard

Musician

Spears

Bows

I figure i will keep the Deamonsmiths next to the war machines, set up the infantry blocks in the center of the board and have them lay down fire whenever and where ever possible.

The Fast Cav units will be on either flank and will focus on getting behind the enemy and harassing them from the flanks and rear.

The Magma Cannons will punish anything that gets to close while the Dreadquake Mortar will pin down units and allow my forces to get within range for missile fire.

so how does it look and sound. Any and all feedback will be most welcome and appreciated and thank you in advance.

I really want to put in a K’daai Destroyer but figure i will wait a few battles as the crowd i play with is hesitant to allow any other armies other than those that come directly from GW.

Samanos:

tell the crowd you play with that the list is recognised by gw so they should not have any issues with it.

i dont like the wolf riders. aside from animosity and low ld (meaning they ar not good redirectors/harassers) they are nearly 300 very easy pts.

in addition i dont see something really threatening to be honest. i dont think that your machines will win the game for you, and same goes for the fireglaives (which i would replace with normal infernals)

nilbog:

Deamonsmith Sorcerer: Xor'aster the Damned 185pts
General
Talisman of Preservation
Warrior Bane daemonsmiths get a decent magic weapon already, I wouldn't bother swapping it.

Pistol he can't use his engineer rule if he fires his pistol - drop it.

Talisman of Endurance
Sword of Striking see above
Potion of Speed what for - so he's almost as fast as everybody else?
Pistol see above

Infernal Castellan: Vadar the Lost 220pts I assume this guy is the bsb?
Mask of the Furnace
Iron Curse Icon
Dragon Bane Gem doesn't mask of the furnace give a 2+ ward vs flames?
Fireglaive I'd sooner have a shield or a great weapon

24 Infernal Guard 457pts
Full Command
Fireglaives I don't rate these. If you've got the models, use them as blunderbusses instead
Standard of Discipline
Deathmask equipped with a Pistol
(Zor'aster Here)

24 Infernal Gurard 442pts
Full Command
Fireglaives see above. If you haven't got the models yet, get regular infernals instead
Deathmask equipped with Pistol

Magma Cannon 170pts
Hellbound

Magma Cannon 170pts
Hellbound I don't think you need hellbound on everything - one should be fine. i don't take any upgrades

Dreadquake Mortar 240pts Let us know how this gets on, but I consider it overpriced, especially as you could have a hellcannon instead. Still, it is a nice model
Hellbound
Slave Ogre

10 Hobgoblin Wolf Raiders haven't you gone over your rare allocation with these? I'd drop them anyway and get some bull centaurs for something moderately fast. Or better still, a destroyer
Standard
Musician
Spears
Bows

Standard
Musician
Spears
Bows

I really want to put in a K'daai Destroyer but figure i will wait a few battles as the crowd i play with is hesitant to allow any other armies other than those that come directly from GW. If you want to play a destroyer, do it. The sooner your regular opponents get to grips with it, the less of a problem it is.

propervillanzHope this helps! There is more information about units in MLPs guide here. Also see my signature for more advice, some of it moderately useful.

Da Crusha:

Talisman of Endurance
Sword of Striking see above

Potion of Speed what for - so he's almost as fast as everybody else?

propervillanz

nilbogthe potion of speed is a 5 point insurance when you want to cast the purple sun. I say keep it. I like to run it for that, or when you know its coming.

nilbog:

Never thought of that!

propervillanz:

Thanks to all for the feed back, after a lot of soul searching i decided the list needed an overhaul and below are the results based on the feedback i was given by you distinguished gentlemen.

“The 333rd Forward Battalion” 2399pts (Legion of Azgorh)

Deamonsmith Sorcerer: Xor’aster the Damned 175pts

General

Level 2 Wizard (Death or Fire)

Talisman of Preservation

Standard equipment (armor and weapon)

Infernal Castellan: Vadar Ironheart 205pts

BSB

Mask of the Furnace

Ironcurse Icon

Great Weapon

Bull Centaur Tuar’ruk: Z’amkal the Lost 220pts

Black Shard Armour

Dragon helm

Sword of Strife

24 Infernal Guard: 477pts

Full Command

Fireglaives

War Banner

Deathmask w/Pistol

24 Infernal Gurard : 442pts

Full Command

Fireglaives

Deathmask w/Pistols

(BsB here)

4 Bull Centaur Renders 240pts

Full Command

Great Weapons

Banner of Swiftness

(Taur’ruk here)

4 Bull Centaur Renders 225pts

Full Command

Great Weapons

Death Shrieker Rocket Launcher 100pts

Magma Cannon 170pts

Hellbound

Magma Cannon 145pts

So the Deamonsmith will hang out with the war machines toward the center of the line. The Renders will go on either flank and the Infernal Guard units will form up in in the center.

I chose fireglaives over blunderbusses because on paper they seem to offer more utility in that it is a missile weapon that also works as a halberd.