[Archive] The battle for supremacy: Astrogoth vs Drazhoath

Bloodbeard:

Reading through Thamurkhan again I got an idea, and wondered if somebody had perhaps already done this.

In the fluff for Drazhoath it’s mentioned that his biggest rival is Astrogoth. That Drazhoath can’t advance higher in Dawi Zharr society, but that Astrogoth’ power is starting to diminish.

So I thought: A battle between those two leader would be awesome! Drazhoath marching on Zharr Naggrund with the armies of the Black Fortress to finally overthrow Astrogoth.

It would of cause have to be an epic battle. Two 5000 points armies against each other or something like that. Or perhaps two large armies and numerous other CD player - in a game of triumph and treachery.

Perhaps make some scenario special rules.

But what rules should one be using? And I thought perhaps somebody has already done something like this:

Has anybody played Legions of Asgorh against Warhammer: Chaos Dwarfs? Or should the armies be using the same army lists?

Would the Astrogoth special character has any change against Drazhoath? Or should one make some special Astrogoth rules for that battle. Perhaps a larger (dreaghnoughtish) steam suit?

I sure would like to see a battle like this. And I could think of many armies in this forum that I would love to see facing off against eachother.

On a large ash waste terrain. Perhaps some siege elements or Zharr Naggrund elements.

Input, thoughts and ideas are welcome. Would love to do something like this one day.

Grimstonefire:

That does sound pretty epic actually.

I think to represent it fairly I’d add some things onto the LoA list:
Copy over CD warriors to replace Infernal Guard and Ironsworn. (Blunderbusses being LoA version)
Copy over CD lord
Copy over Bolt Thrower, Death Rocket and Earthshaker as additional war machine options
You could also include Orcs, Goblins and Black Orcs to give a flavour of Ravening Hordes

Not sure if that would represent a Legion of Zharr Naggrund effectively, but with the massive range of war machines to choose from (to represent ZN being the capital city), it would be a larger army in real terms because of the points cost of the troops.  Which would balance out the size of the respective cities.

By leaving hobgoblins and BC as their LoA versions it also keeps things simpler.

Admiral:

As an aside, Thommy H’s army is based on a conflict between Astragoth and Drazhoath. Read the units’ background text for inspiration, not least for scenario rules.

Thommy H:

Yeah, see the Legion of Astragoth link in my sig for my take on what the High Priest does when he gets wind that the Legion of Azgorh have abandoned their posts…

Heavygear:

I think that is a fantastic idea. It should definitely be Warhammer Armies Chaos Dwarfs vs. Legion of Azgorh.

Bring it on big hats!

"Very well Kyle. Let this be our final battle."

Cartman

BABIS:

it is possible for you guys to represent a zharr naggrund army list and a legion of azghor army list using only the Tamurkhan book?

this is my idea:

Zharr Naggrund army list:

- Sorcerer Prophet (optionally on Great Taurus or Lammasu) (no Lore of Hashut)

- Daemonsmith

- Infernal Castellan (no fireglaive)

- Hobgoblin Khan

- Taur’ruk

- Infernal guards (no fireglaive)

- Hobgoblins

- Bullcentaur renders

- Deathshrieker rocket launcher

- Hobgoblin wolf riders

- Dreadquake mortar

- Hellcannon (I’m putting this only because the first time it appeared in Storm of Chaos the official CD list was still ravening hordes)

- (no Dagger of Malice, Stone mantle, Daemon Flask)

Legion Of Azghor army list:

- Drazhoath

- Sorcerer Prophet (optionally mounted only on bale taurus)

- Daemonsmith

- Infernal castellan

- Infernal Guards (no great weapon or blunderbuss)

- Infernal Ironsworn

- K’daai Fireborn

- Magma cannon

- Iron Daemon

- K’daai Destroyer

- Hellcannon

- Chaos siege giant

what do you think? I tried to put in the Zharr list all the Ravening Hordes things available on the Tamurkhan book , and to reduce the LoA list to the new troops they introduced…

TheFNG:

Love the idea. I would stick to RH vs LoA to ensure at least some list balance. If anyone does this, please post how it went and what rules you used.

furrie:

it sounds awsome, if people do this, make a battle report. I would be cool if written from the view point of either astrogoth or drazhoath

Zhatek The Weird:

If my bighats were all painted up i would love to join that game.

GO TEAM ASTROGOTH! :hat

Bloodbeard:

it is possible for you guys to represent a zharr naggrund army list and a legion of azghor army list using only the Tamurkhan book?

BABIS
I would be super cool if the two armies are different from on another. But I think Astrogoths army will be hard pressed with the list you've made there. No magma cannon, fireglaives or k'daii destroyer. If anyone could call forth such a beast - it would be Astrogoth.

And the lore of Hashut is my favourite lore in the game. So I think putting so many restrictions on LoA wouldn't work.

Perhaps for a battle like there simply should be a complete ban on destroyers. They are so tough to kill and win so many battles.

The siege factor¨
Perhaps the battle should be a siege battle. Drazhoath coming to lay siege to a part of Zharr Naggrund itself. And Astrogoth meating him head on a the gates. So there could be a siege element in the battle.

Also Tjubs fortress is super cool. And something like that deserves battle like this.

The magic
Some kind of magic battle between the two sorcerer prophets would be really awesome - as long as they don't blow themself up. Would be rather anti climatic. But them turning into stone statues from over use of powers would be great.

Never played storm of magic. Would those rules be good to include in a battle like this? ... But not using scrolls of binding.

If only Loa
If both armies use only the LoA list. What rules should be given to Astrogoth? He should have the same power level as Drazhoath.

Or perhaps Thommy Hs new legion list would be perfect for a battle like this.

But we need some kind of rules that even out Astrogoth and Drazhoath. ... Perhaps Drazhoath could loose his Taurus.

tjub:

Correct me if Im wrong, but your are able to add allies these days right? So Astrogoth should be able to include loads of greenskin slaves from the mines.

Malorndk:

Hey Bloodbeard

We will do this someday! Ill use Ravening Hordes, and you’ll go LoA. I will be fully painted galore around 3000-4000 points for the glory of Hashut and CDO. My classic Big hats vs your converted infernal styled army. It will be glorious!

tjub:

Hey Bloodbeard
We will do this someday! Ill use Ravening Hordes, and you'll go LoA. I will be fully painted galore around 3000-4000 points for the glory of Hashut and CDO. My classic Big hats vs your converted infernal styled army. It will be glorious!

Malorndk
Where in Denmark do you live? Im in Göteborg and I know Satan is in Malmö, unless you live in Jylland maybe we could pull of a big battle in the malmö/kbh area in the future? Im able to field at least 6000pts on my own. x.x

Bloodbeard:

Hey Bloodbeard
We will do this someday! Ill use Ravening Hordes, and you'll go LoA. I will be fully painted galore around 3000-4000 points for the glory of Hashut and CDO. My classic Big hats vs your converted infernal styled army. It will be glorious!

Malorndk
Where in Denmark do you live? Im in Göteborg and I know Satan is in Malmö, unless you live in Jylland maybe we could pull of a big battle in the malmö/kbh area in the future? Im able to field at least 6000pts on my own. x.x

tjub
I'm on Fyn. But I'll make the trip to Roskilde or Copenhagen for an insanely large battle!

MalornDK i think yoy should use Thommy Hs book instead of Ravening Hordes. And we'll just make some ally rules/list/stuff to make it work.

My maternity leave last until next easter. So when I get some baby rutine, I hope to expand the army a lot.

Would be so cool to make some cross border battle.