[Archive] The Brain's other armies (pick heavy)

The Brain:

Now that I can put up pics I thought is was time to share some of the other projects that I have been working on.

The first thing that I wanted to shere is my Halfling Army. I used to play the old halfling army from citadel journal, but in 6th and 7th these guys are used as either Night Goblins or High Elves. When I use them as High Elves the units are much smaller.

My heroes. Wizards in the front and heroes in the back.

The guy on the right is an old dwarf wizard the other is a simple conversion

My halfling lord on a baby dragon. Sometimes he is Scarsnick and Gobla, others he is a High elf general on a star dragon.

Some Units. Most of them are 30 strong, 24 halflings and a 4 man place holder.

Spearmen units 1-3

Bowmen

The second unit is not finished but someday I’ll get around to it.

The Chefs. Sad to say I only have 20 of these guys. So a unit of 24 with the place holder. Usually these guys are Night goblins with hand weapons and shield, other times they get split up to be two units of White lions.

Fanatics. For when the army is night goblins you have to have a fanatic or 2 or 15.

The poultry swarms. Thats right poultry!!! In 6th ed I used these guys as snotling swarms. In 7th they don’t get much use.

Some war machines. I beefed up the old hot pot by puttting it on some doomdiver and rock lobber frames. Also see my chariot pushed by war sheep.

I have the bits to make one more of the chariots. Someday I will get around to it.

A Few Giants

The place holders. I find these to be fun and give the army some goofy flavor.

work in progress. I have about 30 more halflings that I would like to make cavalry out of some but the best mount would be the BFSP pony, but I only have a few of them for now.

A close up on the some command groups.

Loki:

Great collection of old models Brain and some really good conversions as well, looking forward to seeing more of your armies on the site soon :slight_smile:

The Brain:

I also thought it would be fun to share my Slayer Army. This is probably the most fun army to play in a tournament. There is very little you have to think about, and most opponents hate it

The Daemon Slayer

Dragon Slayers

The Slayers

The Brotherhood of Grimnar

Doom Seekers. I love these guys I have seen one of these guys single handedly cut through a 20 man unit of flagelants in 2 turns. They also go through Chaos Warriors very well too.

The Goblin Hewyer. IMO one of the best war machines in the game.

If I am playing larger point games I can expand the unit with some place holders a friend made me.

Now a 24 man unit.

And 24, but I can make up to 5 units with the left over slayers.

I hope you all enjoy.

The Brain:

Great collection of old models Brain and some really good conversions as well, looking forward to seeing more of your armies on the site soon :)

Loki
Thanks. I only wish I had more things painted. I am great at building, painting takes me forever.

Da Crusha:

whoa awesome collection brain, I had no Idea. I got about 50 slayers and have only painted about 15. but my favorite part is the halfling army, that is totally awesome especially the fanatics, I love em. did you do some casting to get all of those? The army looks great!:hat off

The Brain:

whoa awesome collection brain, I had no Idea. I got about 50 slayers and have only painted about 15. but my favorite part is the halfling army, that is totally awesome especially the fanatics, I love em. did you do some casting to get all of those? The army looks great!:hat off

Da Crusha
Thanks,
NO casting, I got all of the fanatics and most of the halflings back when GW had bitz. The rest I got from friends and gaming flea markets.

Loki:

Great slayer army as well , i have just started my very own slayer army, will be a while before i get up to the number that you have but i will get there :slight_smile:

Thorne:

The moot never looked so mean, Nice work Brain

The Brain:

The moot never looked so mean, Nice work Brain

Thorne
Thanks the army it fun to play no matter what rules I use for them, though they have the most flavor when I play them as O&G. People love to see them on the table. Nobody is in a bad mood if they die to war chickens.

Willmark:

Indeed the poultry swarms are cool. What minis did you use fro them?

Da Crusha:

I Think your painting style is a prime candidate for dipping, or at least a wash over the entire model. you should try it with one model and if you dont like it you can always dip it into a cup of water to get the wash off.

dncswlf:

WAR CHICKENS!!! amazing stuff there!!! the giant mushrooms really add some great flavor! Are those all self made? Love the Halflings… The Slayers: just awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

The Brain:

-Willmark

The poultry swarms are just made from some barn yard toys I bought from Toyx R US.

-Da Crusha

I have thought about trying something like that but I have so many other projects going on, and for the most part that army is done. Maybe someday I might try it thanks for the suggestion.

-dncswlf

The mushrooms are hand made from oven bake clay, “Sculpy” you can get it from most craft stores. Glad you like.

Da Crusha:

hey I think your halfing army is missing someone…

The Brain:

It does only seem natural to have a grill in a halfling army

Snotling:

Yeah, alternative model armies are so great, this is a cool Halfling/Gobbo army! I like the fanatics the most, very dynamic and characterful. Your unit fillers are a nice cheap option for bigger games, especially because you have only metal minis.

Good work, dude. I bed it’s great to play against your cooks!

AGPO:

Hey Brain, incredible collection! I love the conversions in the halfling army especially, the giant tearing apart the cannon is brilliantly dynamic. Having just tried dipping for the first time I have to agree your armies seem ideally suited to it. It’d really bring out the character of the models and you cn do whole army in an hour or so

Warhammerman:

Agreed this is a very incredible collection. Seriously awesome.

Gar Shadowfame:

Slayers rock!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.