[Archive] The Chaos Dwarfs don't have a famous beer as the Bugman's beer?

Henroth:

The Chaos Dwarfs don’t have a famous beer as the dwarfs ?

The Chaos Dwarfs have a beer equal or of superior quality that Bugman’s of the dwarfs, in my opinion.

which name have this famous beer of CD’s ?

I propose :

Naggrund Fresh.

Dark Land’s Beer.

“This beer is better that Bugman’s beer”.

Nectar from Zorn Uzkul.

Uzkulak-weiser.

Gorgoth XXXXXXX.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

Zanko:

My proposals are:

- Zagors Kriek

- Hobbos Ale

- Hashuts Black Beer

- XXX-Strong Ale

That’s for the moment! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

PS Who is Bugman??? Does he make beer???

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

Dark land beer sounds like a great one !!

not much into the beer Maybe a Hot lava drink would be great

clam:

Thought we already did have our own beer:

Border Reiver:

and it’s one of my favs

GRNDL:

I think Father Grumpmas suggested “Thugmans” in one of his threads. I thought that was a nice little satire on Bugman’s beer.

Also, Hobgoblin beer is very good. Sometimes hard to find in my corner of Canada, but very good. Kind of light for a CD beer though.

Pyro Stick:

I cant decide if i think of chaos dwarfs as beer drinkers or whiskey/absinthe drinkers. If they drink beer i imagine all families probably brew their own very strong stuff (like 10%) and its significantly different from the beers dwarfs drink (like they use ingerdients warped by chaos or something). I probably imagine them drinking whiskey/absinthe because its stronger/more hardcore and they dont want to be seen drinking the same drink as dwarfs do.

m3lvin:

Actually I have a hard time imagening Chaos Dwarfs drinking anything alcoholic at all.

Maybe because I never seen any model/artwork with one of them doing it.

Has it ever been mentioned in any “official” fluff?

Living in a land of mostly ashes and lava, It must be hard for them to find any ingredients.

Maybe they get ogre-beer from thier trades?

And if so is the case, the beer most be pretty damn strong, if its able to make an ogre wasted. :smiley:

(Imagine what that would do to a hobgoblin :idea)

Nicodemus:

I have no problem with Chaos Dwarfs as drinkers… they’re still Dwarfs after all, their grizzled and chaotic nature I would guess would just make them even heartier drinkers with a very different palette from their ancestral line of dwarfs.

I agree with m3lvin - they would get a lot of their beer in trade with Ogres, and possible other trading partners. But I think an equally significant proportion of their alcohol would come from raids and theft from the Empire and Dwarfs.

With so many slaves they could easily rival any race for production in terms of volume… but they would need access to water to do it, as well as ingredients… so again, I agree with m3lvin, their lands don’t lend themselves well to growing anything usable in alcohol production, except maybe fungus.

In general though, I think what ever the Dawi Zharr prefer, in terms of alcoholic beverage, is very unlikely to appeal to any other race, including Dwarfs - alcoholic content wise as well as taste. My guess is their alcohol would have a slightly metallic taste with a hint of sulfur, and be a bit thicker than Guinness.

~N

Henroth:

Actually I have a hard time imagening Chaos Dwarfs drinking anything alcoholic at all.
Maybe because I never seen any model/artwork with one of them doing it.
Has it ever been mentioned in any "official" fluff?

Living in a land of mostly ashes and lava, It must be hard for them to find any ingredients.
Maybe they get ogre-beer from thier trades?
And if so is the case, the beer most be pretty damn strong, if its able to make an ogre wasted. :D
(Imagine what that would do to a hobgoblin :idea)

m3lvin
The Chaos Dwarfs, of course, drink of all, don't only beer.

But, I assume, the CD's get the ingredients for creation of the beer in raids against neavy populations humans ( Border Princes, Kislev, Badlands, Catay, Ind ).

Baggronor:

I cant decide if i think of chaos dwarfs as beer drinkers or whiskey/absinthe drinkers.
I always thought of them as favouring spirits rather than beer. Some kind of horrible black vodka/whiskey drink :)

wallacer:

Chaos Dwarfs drink pure alcohol, because they’re just that hard :smiley:

Ancre:

Yeah pure alcohol, burning alcohol ! And refined petroleum !

I really like Gorgoth XXXXXX as a beer name :slight_smile:

Perturabo:

Kollosus, in place of Goliath, another good Whychwood beer.

Thinking about it, a really dark gritty spirit type thing would suit them.

aki:

Chaos dwarfs have Zharr XXXX:

wallacer:

Nice Pic.

Whatever beer CD drink, i’m sure it would have to have the word “bitter” in the title.

Henroth:

Chaos dwarfs have Zharr XXXX:

aki
Cool! this go good.

This it deserve a good drink. :cheers

Kera foehunter:

Hey !! i think that hobgoblin ale is the same color of are drinking water

GRNDL:

Part of me wants to believe that CDs drink a hellish version of coffee - thick as molasses, but with the kick of a Taurus, perhaps with a slight spice from distant Cathay traded with the ogres and drunk while drawing from a “spiced” hookah.

Kera foehunter:

Pumpkin rum like i stated before!! I love to have a hellish coffee right now