[Archive] The chittering hordes beckon

Grimstonefire:

As the fires burned high, the shadows lengthened. The walls themselves appeared to move at every glance, and the sonorous peal of the distant bell grew ever louder…

Which is another way of saying that I’ve just ordered a box of plague monks and a plague furnace for christmas. Not really as part of an army to collect, but more because I love the models.

I managed to get about £8 off, after postage.

Yes-yes, the man things will suffer. :sick

nitroglysarine:

the new skaven just look too cute, not evil enough by half.

centre front, i see a hamster!

Grimstonefire:

Oh the plague monks will look evil after I’ve finished with them… :wink:

I tend to agree on the clanrats though. Not that having more detail would automatically make them look more ‘evil’, but it may have helped. Some of the faces do look a bit like hamsters.

Swissdictator:

I’m glad I have the clanrats that will soon be replaced! Though the Stormvermin and Doomwheel ROCK.

I’ll be running Skaven soon enough.

Kera foehunter:

well they do look like hamsters

*Kera build a big rat trap * i hope they like Cheese

nitroglysarine:

i’m tempted to make a platter.

Obsidian:

I am also tempted do get some. They were my 2nd army back when I started and I sold my old horde and kind of regret that. These new models are a good reason to start over.

GRNDL:

I’m probably going to get some. A few years back I attempted to start a clan Skyre army, but only painted a few models then lost momentum thanks to the horrible club feet clanrats. I think these are a great improvement. For now, I’m going to grab the army book and Qweek and think about planning an army to compliment my lizardmen.

Balseraph:

nitroglysarine
They look cool... that's right..
but..

They are made like bfsp figures.. almost..
they have only arms to "change"......

And this is a big minus of them......

nitroglysarine:

nitroglysarine
They look cool... that's right..
but..

They are made like bfsp figures.. almost..
they have only arms to "change"......

And this is a big minus of them......

Balseraph
What is it with GW and reducing the amount of joins. it reduced ease of modification, makes for less attractive units, less character.
It must save them allot of money or something!

Balseraph:

I thought to buy them and convert to sneaky gits … change heads… cut tail…some gs… maybe something else… they would be looks cool I think but… too much cut… cut cut and once again cut…

snowblizz:

I thought to buy them and convert to sneaky gits ... change heads... cut tail...some gs... maybe something else.. they would be looks cool I think but... too much cut... cut cut and once again  cut...

Balseraph
Skaven Plaguemonks.

Works really well. Am actually considering petitioning for a WoH article. I've already written like 70% of it. :P

In general though I'm very disappointed by the drop in quality vis a vis conversion friendliness. It is not only the poses, you hardly get any interesting bits and pieces over from kits anymore.

Balseraph:

From plaguemonks I will do regiment of hobos.

But sneaky - I do from… :wink: You will see after christmas… (when I get this box :slight_smile: )

Maybe gw don’t like conversions? Maybe they want to do some kind of plastic soldiers like bfsp? … and true… this is

very, very disappointing…

snowblizz:

But sneaky - I do from... ;) You will see after christmas.. (when I get this box :) )

Maybe gw don't like conversions? Maybe they want to do some kind of plastic soldiers like bfsp? .... and true.. this is
very, very disappointing.....

Balseraph
GW has decided that their customers aren't doing stuff like that. Apparently we are all tweens with the attention span of an amoeba who are utterly unable to do anything creative and buy miniatures with our parents allowance.

nitroglysarine:

But sneaky - I do from... ;) You will see after christmas.. (when I get this box :) )

Maybe gw don't like conversions? Maybe they want to do some kind of plastic soldiers like bfsp? .... and true.. this is
very, very disappointing.....

Balseraph
GW has decided that their customers aren't doing stuff like that. Apparently we are all tweens with the attention span of an amoeba who are utterly unable to do anything creative and buy miniatures with our parents allowance.

snowblizz
Just wait for them to come preglued and painted by monkies, then we can just sit in a dark room all day. :mad

GRNDL:

I haven’t cracked open my Clanrats yet, but from what you are saying the sprues are very much like lizardmen saurus - the legs and bodies are mostly the same, with very slight differences and only the arms can be repositioned. Its not such a bad thing and allows for models to be ranked up really easily if thats the case.

Kera foehunter:

well i don’t think i"ll get any !don’t need another army

yet

snowblizz:

I haven't cracked open my Clanrats yet, but from what you are saying the sprues are very much like lizardmen saurus - the legs and bodies are mostly the same, with very slight differences and only the arms can be repositioned. Its not such a bad thing and allows for models to be ranked up really easily if thats the case.

GRNDL
Completely one piece models. Only the right arm is variable, and I think the shields are separate. They should all be "unique", but still. It is taking A LOT from the hobby for me. Also more alarming is the utter lack of spare bitz. That is signalling very troubling things to come.