[Archive] The Dark Dwarf Project

Gar Shadowfame:

I know it could be ment as part of style, but your works dont look clean enough for serial casting.

Khunag:

What is that white dwarf made of ?
It was cast in resin.
That dolly turn out rather nice. The head might be a little to big - for helmet/masked figures - but that's quite easily fixed. Resin for the world
I don't think it's big - just check how bigger is the head of that first dwarf I'm making using the dolly. I guess it's a matter of style - I like dwarfs with big heads, and the dolly is for my personal use only, so... ;)
And the first actual Dark Dwarf looks promissing.
Thank you, it took very little time to sculpt, the dolly really speeds things up :) He's going to be armed with an axe and shield, and I'm going to do at least 3 pose different ones like that.
How 'tall' is he (to the eyes)? - if you might say that about a dwarf - or should I say short?
Quite big for a dwarf, I'll post some size comparison pics when he's done. You can kinda figure it out with the size comparison pic of an unfinished dolly at the top of this page.
looking good so far. I especially like the sorcerer. I'm really interested in making my own molds though. How do you do it?
Thank you :)

There is a topic here somewhere about mould making and casting here somewhere with a link to a good YouTube tutorial.
I know it could be ment as part of style, but your works dont look clean enough for serial casting.
Which works? I've only cast the Hero, which is a quite old sculpt, and yeah, it's rather simple. The upside is this - he will not look out of place in a unit of oldschool CD miniatures.

I've also cast the dolly, but that doesn't need to be clean, as it's for personal use only, and basically just a more convenient version of a paper clip wire skeleton ;)

Everything else is still WIP. I only post those, because I enjoy seeing other people's WIP's, it's cool to see the whole story behind a miniature,

Gar Shadowfame:

I ment the actual hero that you’ve cast already, and then i compared it the style of greens you showed, and i must say its a good hoby work, but not good enough for casting. Cloack on the model isn’t straight, hair braids are flat, and chainmail isnt tidy.

Even 3rd ed minies had dots of chainmail rows straight.

Also pics dont show left shoulder pad… and i happen to know how it looks.

Khunag:

There’s been a few people that wanted that mini so i cast it.

I never said that it’s the greatest mini ever, but I do like it, I’m using one of them in Mordheim and it looks good on the table IMHO.

All I can say is that I’m getting better at this (though i had a long-ish break from sculpting) and newer models will be nicer :cheers

Khunag:

Hmm… is still can’t decide on a helmet style for these…

Khunag:

I finished the sorcerer some time ago, and now I have the mould and some test casts ready (the most complicated mould I did, the figure will come in three parts). It’s a much more interesting miniature, there will be pictures soon :slight_smile:

Khunag:

First good cast dipped in some black ink:

clam:

He turned out nice - now let’s see him painted, shall we :wink:

Zanko:

Great work this sorcerer!

I’m (like clam) eager to see him fully painted!

:hashut

Khunag:

I just finished painting him (just the base left), so pics will come soon :slight_smile: I’ll send one cast to a pro-painter too.

Khunag:

Kera foehunter:

Nice !!!love the grey beard and the golden armor