[Archive] The Dark Dwarf Project

Khunag:

The idea is simply to sculpt and cast a whole range of evil dwarves. I think i wouldn’t go through with it if i had to sculpt each one from scratch, so i decided to use dollies. This way i can make them much quicker and with better anatomy and poses.

So i’ve started working on a dollie today:

It’s not much to look at yet and i’ve made some mistakes, but once it’s ready and i cast it the possibilities are endless :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

I love your dwarf green he look great from the waist up

But i think he need to have a waist as wide as his chest!!!and a little thicker legs ??

It is a great green !! and i can’t wait to see more

Khunag:

Yes, i am adding to him bit by bit. I’m not sure how fat he will be yet, i need the muscles in place first :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Not stunty enough for my taste, but this might look different once you have added more bulk to the sculpt. :wink:

theblackmage:

the legs look a little skinny for the width and length of the torse, giving your green a kind of unususal apperance. I’d bulk out the legs a bit more if I where you, just to try and get the anatomy of it better.

As kera said, a thicker waist would work too, as right now he (at least I hope it’s a he…) seems far too top heavy, even without the head

Khunag:

Khunag:

Any suggestions are welcome. I’m not sure how they will look yet, i don’t want them to get to close to GW Chaos Dwarfs. The curly beards and big noses will be there, but no big hats (at least not THAT big). Probably a mix of plate and chain armour.

If you have any pictures or concept art of weapons, armour, helmets, clothing etc. that you would like to see on them don’t hesitate. It’s an important decision for me, because i’d like to keep them rather uniform.

Khunag:

Kera foehunter:

Now that a hell of alot better great job

theblackmage:

Looks better now, the legs no longer look like there gonna collapse under the weight of the torso, which is always good:cheers

Khunag:

Khunag:

Did a bit of work on the sorcerer, i forgot about this guy:

Khunag:

paintjob on my Dark Dwarf Hero by _gildor WIP:

Khunag:

clam:

That’s an interesting colour scheme he chose for a Chaos Dwarf - and it’s looking great :hat off

Both of you did great.

And then it’s the first time I see the Sorcerer WIP - It looks very promising. Looking forward seeing him finished and painted up nicely :smiley:

Khunag:

That reminds me I need to post some new pics of the sorcerer, he’s almost ready. Or maybe I’ll just post some when i finish, should be soon :slight_smile: Then i can move on to more dynamic dwarfs using the dollie (dolly?).

Khunag:

codpiece ftw :wink:

Taurus:

What is that white dwarf made of ?

clam:

That dolly turn out rather nice. The head might be a little to big - for helmet/masked figures - but that’s quite easily fixed. Resin for the world :smiley:

And the first actual Dark Dwarf looks promissing.

How ‘tall’ is he (to the eyes)? - if you might say that about a dwarf - or should I say short?

black hammer:

looking good so far. I especially like the sorcerer. I’m really interested in making my own molds though. How do you do it?