[Archive] The Dark Empire... from the realm of chaos!?!?

Grimstonefire:

Again, based on the discussion in the rumour speculation thread…

Would it be a cool idea if the whole CD empire just appears out of the hell beyond into the Dark Lands? Effectively they somehow managed to move everything (maybe not all in one go), and now they have returned.

It would explain why we haven’t heard much about them, most of their history would be inside the realm of chaos.

It would also be a huge potential for background development. How did they escape? (that could be a whole novel in itself). Is anyone left behind? What did they do there? How does this affect their ‘relationship’ with the forces of chaos?

Thommy H:

I don’t know how this can fit into anything that’s know about Chaos Dwarf history, to be honest. It certainly seems to contradict mentions of the army in recent publications. It might be a good way to generate new ideas, but that doesn’t mean it would be a good idea per se.

Kera foehunter:

well the older fluff can be old history !! And we could do history of the major sorcerers that are left

and there followers ???

are you looking for idea grims???

GRNDL:

Grim, what in Hashut’s name are you talking about? The hell beyond what? And why bother when we’ve got a nice little domain in Zharr Naggrund and its environs.

Grimstonefire:

Grim, what in Hashut's name are you talking about?  The hell beyond what?  And why bother when we've got a nice little domain in Zharr Naggrund and its environs.

GRNDL
I couldn't remember what they call the place where all the chaos gods live.  Is that called the Realm of Chaos or is that only the geographical area on the top of the warhammer world?  Anyway, the DoC book makes it clear that there are physical (or metaphysical) places and cities where the chaos gods are.  It would not be a huge leap of the imagination to think that the CD could build a city there somehow.

If this was the case, for their empire to return to the warhammer world would be a massive thing and something truly colossally epic in terms of fluff potential.

My point with this thread is to highlight that all we currently know about the chaos dwarfs means nothing.  GW will reinvent them entirely, rewriting their back story.  Some elements will stay the same hopefully (like Hashut and the basic map), but I don't imagine for a moment they will come out of the process they same way we seem them now.

The whole emphasis of the Chaos Dwarfs will hopefully soon be decided, I for one would be hugely disappointed if they come out how they are at the moment.

Khan!:

That does sound pretty epic. Very 13th Company-esque, to use a 40k analogy! Except rather than like the Space Wolves being cautiously optimistic, the plain old ordinary dwarfs would be all like "oh shiiii…!"

Such a development would definitely up the bad-assery of CDs a fair bit. :hat

Also it reminds me of the lore from the Morrowind game, in which the dwarfs are very magic/industrial like CDs and in their attempts to deify themselves they all get imploded out of the universe! And no one knows where they went…Dead? Gods? Gone forever? Coming back? Mysterious!

Grotsnik:

i think it would be good if it could somehow be moulded into the little bacground we already have of them but the idea could also destroy the chaos dwarfs reputation as it might be a little far out

dedwrekka:

Grim, what in Hashut's name are you talking about?  The hell beyond what?  And why bother when we've got a nice little domain in Zharr Naggrund and its environs.

GRNDL
I couldn't remember what they call the place where all the chaos gods live.  Is that called the Realm of Chaos or is that only the geographical area on the top of the warhammer world?  Anyway, the DoC book makes it clear that there are physical (or metaphysical) places and cities where the chaos gods are.  It would not be a huge leap of the imagination to think that the CD could build a city there somehow.

If this was the case, for their empire to return to the warhammer world would be a massive thing and something truly colossally epic in terms of fluff potential.

My point with this thread is to highlight that all we currently know about the chaos dwarfs means nothing.  GW will reinvent them entirely, rewriting their back story.  Some elements will stay the same hopefully (like Hashut and the basic map), but I don't imagine for a moment they will come out of the process they same way we seem them now.

The whole emphasis of the Chaos Dwarfs will hopefully soon be decided, I for one would be hugely disappointed if they come out how they are at the moment.

Grimstonefire
Still doesn't fit with what we know about Chaos Dwarfs in the current edition at all. It cuts through everything about the Chaos Dwarfs in one fell swoop, including everything they've published in recent army books. It sounds cool, but it's so ill-fitting that it becomes silly.

I'm not going to buy that they'll be released soon until we see at least a little proof.