[Archive] The eternal question: Pirates or Ninjas, with a twist?

WoodenPickles:

Never underestimate Liam Neeson

BilboBaggins
I woundn't want to mess with a super spy jedi master.

Kera foehunter:

P I R A T E R U L E S

they proved it on the greatest warriors

Chuck Norris look at him he the walking dead!!

i think they put him in the old folks home lol

Border Reiver:

I guess we will need to tune into SPIKE for next seasons installment of Deadliest Warrior. Because as it sits now, Ninjas cant beat Spartans and Knights cant beat Pirates.  

Its not my fault, I just watch and chuckle.

Although I must admit that seeing an actual blunderbuss in action was cool. :)

TwilightCo
The series was OK - not great but an OK way to waste an hour. Amzing how close some of the match ups were (viking vs. samurai, green beret vs. spetnatz and IRA vs. taliban were all very close to 50/50)

Of course to have done it properly, we needed a pirate vs. ninja match up.

Kera foehunter:

they would of but the ninja would not get out of there black P j.s

and sleeped in

Khunag:

Chuck Noris is over-rated. Now Bruce Lee, there's a man who could live up to his hype.
Apart of the fact that Bruce Lee was an actor and his abbilities were never proven while Chuck Norris is an actual karate world champion ;)

BilboBaggins:

But what about Rangers vs Seals.

Border Reiver:

Next spring we can get the clubs, head out to the pack ice off Nfld and find out, but I think even forest rangers will have the advantage, what with opposable thumbs and weapons.

Or were you referring to something else?

BilboBaggins:

Elite American Armed Forces.

Army Rangers

Navy Seals

Of course the USMC will still say they are the best period.

Khunag:

GROM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GROM

:smiley:

BilboBaggins:

Don’t all national military forces have an elite unit or two.

Khunag:

But only GROM would kick Chuck’s ass :wink:

BilboBaggins:

Liam beats Chuck

Chuck beats Boogyman

Boogyman beats Liam

It’s the eternal circle. :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Chuck Noris is over-rated. Now Bruce Lee, there's a man who could live up to his hype.
Apart of the fact that Bruce Lee was an actor and his abbilities were never proven while Chuck Norris is an actual karate world champion ;)

Khunag
Intresting take on that what's your source

Kera foehunter:

the only thing chuck Norris can beat!! is his way to get in front of the mirror

BilboBaggins:

Wikipedia didn’t list Lee actually partaking of championships.

But he was a guest at the 1964 and 1967 Long Beach International Karate Championships.

In 1964, at a demonstration in Long Beach, California, Lee had met karate champion Chuck Norris. In Way of the Dragon Lee introduced Norris to moviegoers as his opponent in the final death fight at the Colosseum in Rome, today considered one of Lee’s most legendary fight scenes.

Now Lee did study Wu style tai chi chuan, Jujitsu, and Boxing. He also taught Jun Fan Gung Fu and later Jeet Kune Do (he certified 3 instructors personally.)

Although Bruce Lee never achieved any belts, sashes, or certifications in any of the Martial Arts, this multi-faceted exposure to different fighting arts would later play an influence in the creation of the eclectic martial art Jeet Kune Do.

Willmark:

Coming from someone who has studied martial arts since 1991… belts, sashes and championships, etc, have no bearing on one’s abilities IMHO.

Gundini:

I guess we will need to tune into SPIKE for next seasons installment of Deadliest Warrior. Because as it sits now, Ninjas cant beat Spartans and Knights cant beat Pirates.  

Its not my fault, I just watch and chuckle.

Although I must admit that seeing an actual blunderbuss in action was cool. :)

TwilightCo
Theres a show about what warrior is the best?