[Archive] The First Webzine- Issue #1!

furrie:

I havn’t read it yet, but the cover already blew me away with amsoneness

turquois dwarf:

my computer wont dowload it.

it opens a new window but it dosent open adobe.

does anyone know how to fix this?

furrie:

right mouse button and save as, that is how I got the file

Willmark:

Also: which browser are you using? There is a confirmed issue with iDisk and Firefox. All other browsers should work just fine.

furrie:

I use firefox and I just saved the file to my computer, he didn’t want to load the file in the browser.

Arlon:

was great cant wait for the next one

Karak:

ummm… it might just be my computer, but it wont load.

tirli_pinpon:

I’ve just seen this thread, it look great! Congratulations guys !! :hat off

If you need, I could maybee help whit some drawing, tell me :wink:

Willmark:

I've just seen this thread, it look great! Congratulations guys !! :hat off

If you need, I could maybee help whit some drawing, tell me ;)

tirli_pinpon
Most definitely we will always have a need for artwork going forward...

However I have to complain a little: The chaos column on page 11 is partly covering the Chaos armour rules.. the image should be behind the text obviously. And it's "Border Town Burning" not "Bordertown Burning" as under writers in the credits section, but, seriously, who cares...

cianty
Pyro-send me a link to an updated one and I can add it. Wanted it to be a surprise and all! ;)

Thanks for pointing it out, both have been fixed for the version that is out there now. If there is anything else please point it out and I will fix it ASAP. Thanks for the awesome section Cianty!

cianty:

Thanks for pointing it out, both have been fixed for the version that is out there now. If there is anything else please point it out and I will fix it ASAP. Thanks for the awesome section Cianty!

Willmark
Thanks for fixing them!

Pyro Stick:

Pyro-send me a link to an updated one and I can add it. Wanted it to be a surprise and all! ;)

Willmark
lol well it was definately a suprise. Im working on making a base for it right now so that it matches the pyromancer, mounted on a cavalry base but with a shadowmancer theme. Ill try get it done today or tomorrow.

Sousunou:

I have posted a link over on the Skaven underempire, and it has been well recieved. Well done guys (and girls?) :hat off

Willmark:

Great job. Spread the word but make sure its in OT sections of the various websites in question.

cornixt:

Very nice, professional looking.

Some minor nit-picking:

A few too many “continued on page…” where you could probably have coped by just rearranging some of the pages a little more and adding images. Breaks up the flow a lot. Particularly annoying with the Astragoth rules since they are split over three pages rather than one and a half, making them more difficult to print out and use. Some of the 'Eavy Hat models could be used for this purpose (although it is nice to have them on one page, I don’t think anyone would have been disappointed with a full-size uncropped Ishkur Taurus taking up half a page, or a larger image of the Blood Bowl Team)

A lot of magazines have a tiny image or initials to mark the end of an article, so you know that is the end it is definitely isn’t continued anywhere. Maybe a red H or something would be nice for the mag.

You’ve heard me complain enough about portrait webzines, so I’ll stop mentioning it.

I know that as soon as I put something out there, I notice little mistakes I’ve made everywhere, so I won’t bother pointing all the litle ones out unless you want to go back and redo it.

Very good first effort. Good balance of articles and artwork, although some of the pages that are just text could be broken up with the odd stock image. I’ve made a few new Dark Lands skyline images that might help.

Geckilian:

I don't think anyone would have been disappointed with a full-size uncropped Ishkur Taurus taking up half a page, or a larger image of the Blood Bowl Team.

cornixt
Oho, thanks for being flattering.

As to the magazine, nice work! I've only skimmed it, and I was quite pleasantly surprised when I saw my team in it. It's a pity the picture used had 2 unpainted Hobgoblin heads, but still, thanks. I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Willmark:

I know that as soon as I put something out there, I notice little mistakes I've made everywhere, so I won't bother pointing all the litle ones out unless you want to go back and redo it.

cornixt
Sure as long as they don't involve re-writes.

Basically its onward to the next issue in terms of major changes.

Xander:

We should consider submitting this Webzine as a news article to Table Top Gaming News. http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/

Might attract some new eyes. :slight_smile:

Sojourn:

well, I think that WILLMARK did an amazing job, and without him this never would’ve happened. :slight_smile:

and if I missed any spelling mistakes, my apologies! so many words seem to have spelling variations, I dunno.

as for layout, I know that often articles are split, unfortunately in my editing was done in Word, so everything was in one block, not in a layout… anyways, I still think it’s great :slight_smile:

good work to all contributors!

Willmark:

Yep lesson were definitely learned on this first issue (that’s the main thing to keep in mind). One thing is for sure we might need more staff for this too.

CCotD:

Joined just so I could comment on the Fanzine.

OMG! Very professionally done and it is awesome!

I did not know that anyone did anything for Chaos Dwarves! Excellent!